Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Jae

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2017
Concord, CA
I got my order in at like 8:05 for a stainless steel 45mm and it told me arrives Nov 2-9. Wtf? I order within 5 minutes and I don't get it tomorrow? Were the stainless ones delayed?
I got the Space Black Titanium in pretty quick and also received a 2 - 9 ship date. Crossing my fingers that ship times improve.

Daceatx78

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2017

It's Friday, October 15 in New Zealand and Australia, which means it's Apple Watch Series 7 launch day. Customers in that part of the world are always the first to get their hands on new devices due to time zone differences.

Apple-Watch-Series-7-Pink-and-Green-Feature.jpg

Apple Watch Series 7 models are now beginning to arrive to customers who pre-ordered on Friday, October 8, and new Apple Watch owners are sharing photos on Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, and the MacRumors forums.

Because there are no Apple Stores in New Zealand, customers in Australia will be the first to be able to pick up a new Apple Watch at an Apple retail location. In-store stock in Australia will give us an idea of what we can expect in other stores worldwide, which may be of particular interest this year because Apple Watch supplies are so constrained.

Many of the Apple Watch models began selling out shortly after pre-orders began, so customers who are hoping not to have to wait several weeks for one of the devices may be able to get one in-store on launch day.

Following New Zealand and Australia, sales and deliveries of the Apple Watch Series 7 will begin in Middle East, Europe, and then North America. Apple Stores‌ globally are opening up right around 8:00 a.m. local time to allow customers to pick up reserved devices and make walk-in purchases.

Stay tuned to MacRumors tomorrow because we'll have an Apple Watch Series 7 review and comparison, along with more coverage coming next week. If you have a new Apple Watch Series 7, make sure to share photos below and let us know what you think!

Article Link: First Apple Watch Series 7 Orders Arriving to Customers in New Zealand and Australia
I order mine at 7:01am on preorder day. Received an email confirmation that it was going to be delivered on Oct 15th. The apple store now shows 3-5 business days. What just happened here? I do not know if I’m getting it tomorrow or not. I took the day off work to make sure I was here for the order.

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
I got my order in at like 8:05 for a stainless steel 45mm and it told me arrives Nov 2-9. Wtf? I order within 5 minutes and I don't get it tomorrow? Were the stainless ones delayed?
You should have noticed the est delivery as you were checking out. Also, Apple's email confirmation shows deliver time. I ordered about 7 hrs after you for graphite SS and have safe del time as you. No surprise, I knew it as I was placinh=g my order.

Zen Moment

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2021
My 45mm Silver Stainless Steel arrived here in Singapore about an hour ago now, came from a Series 6 and the new display is very noticeable with the much thinner bezels.

Like some of the reviews I saw mention even a small change on such a small device makes a bigger difference than you'd think.

One issue though, the new faster charging USB-C cable in the box appears to be dead on arrival, tried an official Apple 20W charger, plugging it in to my 16" MBP and a third party PD charger, nothing powers the new or old watch, guess its off to the Apple Store later to get it swapped out, that should be fun.

Reactions: GregoriusM

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Hi from Byron Bay, Australia (Thors current hometown). You pronounce it gday mate, not Good Day :) Tell the next Aussie you see "seeyasavo" he will understand.

And China is miffed with us too at the moment!
As long as you are not locked down where you are!

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
The Apple sales page for the Ciircuit H bands (and only the Circuit H bands) says “A matching Circuit H watch face is available for download.” You are correct that normally you get the extra watch faces only if you buy the Apple Watch Hermes itself. But this time it appears to be different, at least with respect to the specific matching watch face.

Okay this could potentially be BIG! The small first steps for many more downloads!

Zanton68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK
I wonder what the first batch of problems are going to be, if any. Watch launches have been mostly problem free I think i.e. no day one problems.

HQuest

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
What time should the US Apple refail stores open today? Regular hours or early hours?

I know for some launch events the retail stores have open a couple hours earlier (8AM instead of 10AM).

aw1998

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2020
If anyone in New Zealand or Australia ordered just the Hermes Circuit H bands (not the watch), I’d like to see how Apple is implementing this “additional watch faces available for download” feature.
In the exact same way it worked with the recent Pride Braided Solo Loop, QR code on the packaging on the band.

Reactions: KPOM

aw1998

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2020
What time should the US Apple refail stores open today? Regular hours or early hours?

I know for some launch events the retail stores have open a couple hours earlier (8AM instead of 10AM).
Regular operating hours here in the UK so shall imagine other regions will follow suit.

Reactions: HQuest

samwa3

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2018
Got mine now (EU). Removed my Series 6, but backup got lost, now have to set up the Series 7 completely new. Disappointing. Why is the only way to take a backup by removing the old Watch? Stupid.

scottamac

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009
Pertrh
I ordered mine through Vodafone. For a week it said, "In Warehouse waiting". Yesterday suddenly changed to "awaiting new stock". I am so pissed. How does that happen?

DrNeurosurg

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Got my Aw7 today , love the new display BUT: I can‘t find the keyboard … tried in messages and eMail - nothing ! Only swipe and voice ?
I‘m living in Germany …

Apple TarHeel

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2012
Check your local Apple Store. I ordered the stainless steel version this morning and have a pickup scheduled for this afternoon!

B-Mc-C

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2017
Irvine, California
This article is incorrect regarding the 8:00am local time. Just got to my local Apple Store now and there is nobody here. No employees inside the store either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.