First AT&T Bill Post iPhone 4 Upgrade... Wrong

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wicker21, Jul 17, 2010.

1. wicker21 macrumors member

wicker21

Check your bill carefully! They removed text messaging and charged me an upgrade fee even though I was eligible to have it waived. Called AT&T and they were happy to remove the charges. Would have been an extra $30 if I was not paying attention.

I did my upgrade in store and was not even asked about an upgrade fee or if I wanted any other changes to my plan. Perhaps it was just a bug in their system but I thought I would share my experience.

2. pflau macrumors 6502

Hack yeah check your bill!!! They changed my plan to unlimited text Mesg and I had to change it back. At least they let the change applied retroactively to the beginning of the billing period. Sneaky!!!

3. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

Did you go to AT&T or Apple. This was one of the things I liked about the Apple store they showed me everything on my plan and very clearly showed me what my options were and what was changing.

4. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I got mines at radio shack and they changed my unlimited data to $40 enterprise data I'm like o_O but I called back same day and got my unlimited $30 plan back.

5. wicker21 thread starter macrumors member

wicker21

Got mine at an AT&T corporate store. Guess it's too much to assume they would not make changes without telling you! I should have been smarter and checked my account when I got home to make sure everything was accurate.

6. dewdst macrumors member

same thing happened to me got a text saying i was 50$ over in messaging when i used to have unlimited txting plan...called up and got them to give me my 115$ july bill for free :)

Then.....a few days ago i got another text saying i was 10$ over again like a week ago...called up mentioned those microcell vouchers and how much coverage sucks at my house.......... got another month of service free to help me pay for microcell! :D

you gotta speak up..instill a little fear to at&t let them know you have other options, but be nice at same time

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

For some reason, mine had an error too. I have a small text message plan along with unlimited data. The data plan was left alone but the text plan got removed.

A phone call got everything back in order. I pre-ordered in the store. Last time (3GS) was easier. I pre-ordered online and everything was perfect. I needed a manager override to get my early upgrade this time and that required a pre-order in the ATT store. Oh well.

Bill thing was a minor inconvenience, that's all.