First batch / bugs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shappp91, Sep 12, 2014.

1. shappp91 macrumors member

You think this will happen? After spending 900+ on a 6 Plus, let's hope there won't be any defects.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Bad battery life, yellow screens, lag, .....the threads will be in abundance.

3. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

Who cares….if it happens Apple will just replace it for free…...

4. TeamGenius macrumors newbie

Don't forget about the folks who will be freaking out if they think they spot a tiny bit of backlight bleed.

5. KisakiSama macrumors member

KisakiSama

I'm not too worried. My launch day iPhone 5 was fine for months then suddenly started glitching, freezing and crashing about once an hour. Got it replaced for free. The down volume button on that one gave up on me, got it replaced again. The next one would shut off with a low battery at around 20% remaining, and they replaced that as well. They're always superb with replacing hardware issues. It's one of the reasons I stick with Apple.

6. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Not really a bug, but I expect the screens to shatter easier since the glass is bigger.

7. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Do they give you a new one or refurbished? I certainly don't want a refurbished if it isn't my fault.

8. TeamGenius macrumors newbie

It's bound to happen: Somebody will buy one in store on September 19th, walk out of the store and throw it to the floor, shattering the glass, then claim he discovered Apple made a faulty glass panel [for reference, find story of moron who walked out of store and scratched his iPhone to hell with a key, then posted photos to garner attention].

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yup, right now we're dealing with a plethora of order issues here at MR. Lots of threads about people wanting to cancel or couldn't get through etc. Once the phones start arriving we'll be getting threads about yellow screens, scratches lagging, etc.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I remember when people were getting phones with microscopic nicks in the metal band and absolutely loosing their ****.

11. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Can't wait to see how many people put them in their back pockets and sit on them only to find out they don't hold up nearly as well as their iPhone 4S because they're so thin... :D

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

13. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

It's the Apple fanboy equivalent of bowl season.

14. Greenone macrumors 6502

Yikes - good point! :(

----------

Yeah I was wondering about this. My son has an ipod touch and I'm wondering if the iphones will be sturdier than the ipod touches. Because my son's actually bent when being carried in a form-fitting fanny pack over several hours (!).

Anyone know if the material is sturdier than the ipod touches, which apparently are very similar in shape and thickness?

15. wxnats macrumors 6502a

Scuffgate!

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I remember when people were holding it wrong.

17. Sevanw macrumors 6502a

Sevanw

What is Apple's record on first batch issues? I'm thinking if getting my first iphone with the iPhone 6 Plus. I'm currently running a 1520 so I'm used to the big size. I'm really wanting good battery life as well.

18. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I remember when you couldn't copy and paste, and the Apple apologists somehow turned that into a good thing.

19. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

iPhone 5 was plagued with issues, most notably the scuffs on the black/slate model. Some of the design issues weren't widely experienced for months: defective sleep/wake button, battery failure, and pink discolored screens.

That being said, I've had a mostly excellent experience with my iPhone 5.

Any complicated electronic device has potential for issues… no way to know in advance if a brand new device design will be 100% trouble free. If you are like me and don't want the hassle of bugs, wait 3 months and see what issues, if any, the early adopters experience.

20. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

It's possible. I got the iphone 4 on preorder. I had the antenna issue. Ordered the iphone 5 preorder and have the sleep/wake button issue (although it didn't show up for about 1.5 years. And my wife's iphone 5 was preordered and it has the battery issue. Each time Apple offered fixes. Of course with the 4 it was just a free bumper case lol. On each of the 5's they are eligible for free repair. So as soon as I get my 6 (or 6 plus) I'm sending my 5 in for free repair.

21. jkel777 macrumors 6502

No issues here on my 5s. I've had it since launch day last year.

22. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

23. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I was about to say the exact same thing.
    I feel the same way. If there is a defect **** it apple will give me a new one. Number 1 in customer service is nice.

24. Sevanw macrumors 6502a

Sevanw

Good customer service is great, but I'd rather not be inconvenienced in using it. Rather have a working product. I've got my fingers crossed all is good in the first run.