First Boot Up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by superspiffy, Aug 21, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to find out when your OS first ever booted up?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

This might work for you, but not 100%. Open Finder and select the username in the left pane (which is also referred to as the home directory) that was the very first account created and then either hit cmd+i or go under the File menu and select Get Info. In the window that pops up open the General section and you'll see a Created field. This should be one of the earliest things created that you can get to easily and should be VERY close to what you want, if not exactly.

3. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

like was said above, only do it for the system folder or library folder (above user accounts when hard drive icon is opened in list mode)

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Actually, that doesn't seem to work, at least not on my machine. Both the Library and System folders had created dates a couple months before I bought the machines. Apparently those got created when the OS was first installed, so unless the OS was installed the same day you created an account you'll need to stick with my post before.

5. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

okay, makes sense,

I always wipe the HD and re-partition first thing

6. D.G. macrumors member

Try a "get info" on the file:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant.plist

DG

7. smurfy macrumors member

Sure there is! Just post this in 5 other threads and then press F5 and your crushes name will appear on screen :eek: this is scary because it actually works!

hehe. I just couldn't resist. I'm not aware of any way to do this. There may be some software that can do it.

8. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I did a Get Info on that file and it was just 4 minutes younger than my username creation, so yes, that works pretty well too.