First boot video

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kelly™, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Kelly™ macrumors regular

Hello!
    I was curious if it was possible to play or trigger the first boot video in leopard?
    I am of course talking about that space flying thing it does when you first turn it on after you get it before it asks you for your language, etc..

I assume the file is still there and wasn't deleted and am also assuming it can be triggered again without resetting the machine.
    I tried google, but couldn't find any site with information pertaining to "triggering" it, just downloads of the movie or videos of it on youtube.

Is this possible?

If not, does anyone know where you can obtain a high resolution version of it?

Many thanks!

Kelly

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/intro.mov

Note the audio and video are separate as the audio continues after the video is over. The audio is in mp3 as well.

Exodus Honey by Honeycut on the album The Day I Turned To Glass

3. Kelly™ thread starter macrumors regular

4. kylevk macrumors newbie

I was in core services, went to Setup Assistant, double clicked, and it wanted me to setup a new internet connection....dead end. What do I do?

iMac 20" Aluminum
    2.4ghz intel Core 2 Duo
    250GB HDD
    Superdrive
    paper-thin keyboard
    mighty mouse

5. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

You need to Right-click it and select show package contents and then do the same thing with TransitionSection bundle.

Cheers.

6. appleconvert macrumors newbie

Leopard first boot music video.

Hi everyone. I work as an Apple tech in New Zealand and pre-configure a lot of iMacs. What I would like to do is to have the user to see the music video for the first time they turn on there computer. I see it when I set it all up for them but I really want them to enjoy it to... Just wondering whether someone knew of a way to do this.

Much appreciated.

Appleconvert

7. mi986 macrumors member

First boot video

does this work with previous versions of mac os x, Panther in particular???

please help

Mi986

8. Kasm279 macrumors newbie

Should work in Panther

This method should work in Panther because it is a lot like Tiger, where this works too.:D

EDIT: This DOES NOT work in Panther. Only Leo and Tiger. Also, Panther doesn't even have a firstboot video

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I find that video more annoying than anything else. Maybe you should leave it off. :p

10. dejournett macrumors newbie

You have to delete this file: /var/db/.applesetupdone
    Then they can set it up themselves.. if that helps.

11. dejournett macrumors newbie

Sorry for the double post...

Or, you could just include a shortcut to it on their desktop entitled "Watch Me"