First charge time?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by XFacta82, Jun 7, 2008.

1. XFacta82 macrumors member

How long should it take to initially charge the computer out of the box? I'm going on 2 and a half and its still orange.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Click on the Apple and go to "about this mac" and click, go to "more info" and click, go to "power" and click. That info should give you an idea what your battery health looks like and whether you are fully-charged, what % of charge and what was your original mAh was and what its current mAh is. Also, your cycle count should be at least 1, mine is 4 and I've had my BlackBook since February 28, 2008. My mAh currently is 5422 and original mAh was 5412. My initial charge to "green light" or 100% took about 1 1/2 hours. But, I was running other programs while it was charging.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It doesn't really matter, but typically till the light turns green; that extra bit to 100% takes a while.

4. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

whoaa how is your cycle count only 4 since feb?!?!?
    Do you never take it off the charger?!?

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

What for? I've tried to plug in at both campuses as much as possible. Always a plug-in close by. I'm usually charging my iPhone and BT at the same time. :cool:

6. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

well then wats the point of the portability? i do understand were your coming from but at the same time your losing ur batteries health arent you? I calibrate mine a lot and now im at 5384 mAH capacity and the original was 5020. So i've brought my battery life up by discharging. I'm just wondering wouldn't you want a longer lasting battery?

7. priller macrumors regular

I've never bothered calibrating mine and it's still on 5388 mAH after 30 cycles since February.

edit: 31 cycles & 5400 mAH now. Originating was 5020 mAH.

8. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

wow in that case im prolly not gonna take it out lmao

9. Koreos macrumors member

I'm gonna be getting a macbook soon and I have a silly small question...

Out of the box, plug it in right away, or play with it until the battery puts it to sleep and charge until green light?

10. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

^ calibrate it: plug in till fully charged and leave for a couple of hours, unplug and discharge until it sleeps and leave a couple of hours then charge till full again.