Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRumored

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
You sound like a S hater!!

iPhone 4-beta with hardware problems
iPhone 4S-no hardware problems
iPhone 5-beta with problems
iPhone 5S-no hardware problems

I think the S upgrades are always the ones to get

Haha no, definitely not. I think the difference between the 5 and the 4S is nothing worthy of upgrading.. So, in a way, I am "sticking up" for the 4S. The iPhone 5 though, is indeed better, from a technical aspect. The 4G and bigger screen help with that.. I am unbiased, because I DO have the iPhone 5 and I just got it about a week ago. Before that, I had a 4S that took a bad tumble and broke both front and back screens. I had an upgrade available for quite some time that I wasn't going to use, because I was (and still would be) perfectly content with my 4S, but rather than buying and replacing the parts myself right away, I decided to use the upgrade and fix the 4S at a later time and give that to my younger brother.

So, being an iPhone 5 owner, I am saying straight up, the jump from the 4S to the 5 did nothing for me.. The new things with the 5 did not wow me. If anybody has a 4S, I'd recommend them to just stick with that and wait.. Honestly.

DLAROC

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
I don't think so..

This is probably another iPhone 5 model for a different carrier. TMobile perhaps..

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
Well 6-7 month upgrade will be necessary in the future.

1 new phone every year ? In your dreams. It will be so old and outdated, everytime they switch models then and sales will drop more.

They have to come in to the fight.

iPhone 5 has already outdated specs compared to Galaxy Note 2 and so on... Sad but true.

I want an iPhone again... But Im not going in on the iPhone 5 - iOS 6 sucks and the phone is ugly and to bad specs :-/

studio¹³¹

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2009
20u9ze9.jpg

already scratched edges, seems about right...

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
For a second i thought this looked wider than my iphone 5, and then i thought "oh crap i'm going to have to upgrade at full price." I certainly would. How awesome would that be if the 5s was a wider phone?

I like the idea of 2 year upgrade cycles. A phone so great that it lasts for two years. And then everyone gets to upgrade with a discount. And apple gets to keep their R&D expenses low, and they have plenty of time for product refinement. And their production costs decrease over time and they keep their awesome margins.

Sadly, Apple was wrong about the iphone 5 screen size, likely arrogant (perhaps under jobs direction). They'll surely loose market share in 2013 as a result. But they're still going to make an Everest sized mountain of money.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
It's believable I guess, given Apple's tendency to use a design twice and that prototypes aren't made in house.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I really was hoping - no, I simply assumed - that Apple would put a halt on the development of a new iPhone. did they miss my note that I bought an iPhone 5 just last weekend.

:mad:

maxwelltech

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Irvine, CA, USA
Wow, the iPhone 5 came out just two months ago, and now the iPhone 5S rumors already came out?
Anyway, I think I am buying the iPhone 5S because I am due for an upgrade next year, but if it is just a small upgrade I might hold off until iPhone 6 or just switch to Android. Hopefully I don't have to do that...
What?

You'd only get these leaks if it was in production and there is no way its in production. So unless Jony Ive Is drunk and giving out iPhone shells this is utter BS.
Yep. Somebody just took an iPhone 5 outer shell and slightly modified it and claim this is the new iPhone 5S.

pachecorigo

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012
No offense, but this is one thing I don't like. Too many people are obsessed with "new" and change for the sake of change. Unless the new phone gives you a feature you need or fixes a problem you have, why do we want/need something new & different?

cuz i like new **** lol

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Unless all your doing is texting and talking on the phone the iPhone 5 is a huge upgrade from the iPhone 4. You can see the difference with those 2.

Not really.

Tried out my friend's iPhone 5, 4-inches is still really small (compared to my other friends S3). But I think that would be too big...if it was like 4.2-4.5 inches then I could see a real difference.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
A next big thing or two can shore up the revenue growth. But what will that next big thing(s) be?

Apple TV.

----------

Maybe this is common knowledge and I'm just making incorrect assumptions, but I always thought the "S" in the iPhone 4S stood for "Siri". Why would any future models, midway cycle upgrades or otherwise, need the "S" as part of its moniker?

It stands for Steve.

paulsdenton

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2010
Barton, Vermont USA
So Steve had nothing do with the iPhone 5 design or the fact that it doesn't have a big a** screen? If Steve was still around Apple would have a 5" plastic phone?

----------

Honestly I don't get this whole need to upgrade every time a new phone comes out. Seems kind of ridiculous to me if the current phone a person has working just fine. Unless there's some major new tech in the phone what's the point?

I absolutely agree. I keep saying that to myself, but when the new model actually comes out I can't wait to buy it. There's an element of irrationality to the whole thing.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
I'm not buying this "middle of 2013" stuff for a second.

Why not?

Apple has the luck of having a group of people who camp out for days to buy a cell phone, they can crank out new models as fast as they want, and people will still line up and buy them.

When you have a group of customers, who have such empty lives, that they will camp out for a sell phone, you see money. So you cater to them.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
The iPhone 5 just came out and already everyone is concerned with the next iPhone? We *just* got a new one not too long ago! Appreciate and enjoy what you already have and stop rushing everything!

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
OMG! Screws relocated. Epic Fail! :eek:
Right? Like who the **** cares. If this rumor comes true there will be so many angry people.

----------

Well 6-7 month upgrade will be necessary in the future.

1 new phone every year ? In your dreams. It will be so old and outdated, everytime they switch models then and sales will drop more.

They have to come in to the fight.

iPhone 5 has already outdated specs compared to Galaxy Note 2 and so on... Sad but true.

I want an iPhone again... But Im not going in on the iPhone 5 - iOS 6 sucks and the phone is ugly and to bad specs :-/

Bad specs? Really cause the custom a6 is almost as good as that piece of **** generic snapdragon quad core that's on every other new android.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
According to the patern on the inside, it looks like it is CNC'd (machined) out of one piece, thus giving me the idea that we are looking at a prototype shell of the 5.
I agree.

By the looks of things, and in what has become very predictable move, Apple's retaining it's odd narrow, elongated display.

So much for progress. They can change the insides all they want, but no one cares. So much for innovation.

----------

Then what did the S in the 3GS stand for? Steve was alive and well when that was released, wasn't he?
S stands for...

It looks the Same.

Nothing new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.