first come first serve?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacMalv, Jul 10, 2008.

1. MacMalv macrumors regular

what happened to the idea that the people who ordered first would be served first? O2 said that this is how they were working there order system, so why when I order at 8.46 in the morning have no iPhone to be delivered tomorrow whereas some people who ordered later in the day or through the failback form have received a iPhone. I think it is ridiculous and i am very disappointed at O2.

who else is in the same boat, i.e. ordered first but not served first?

:mad::mad::mad:

2. sallythemac Guest

Can i ask how u know ur not getting one tomorrow? its just i ordered at 0810am and was told at one point i wouldn't be, yet when i put the phone down received an e-mail with a DHL tracking number.

I was chewing glass when they said even tho i ordered at 0810am i wasn't getting one.

3. MacMalv thread starter macrumors regular

well i havnt got a DHL tracker number and O2 says that it is still in process. It is 8.00pm now, and i believe that they will have either run out of iPhones or wont be able to send it down in time for tomorrow. I would love to e wrong but i am a "glass half empty" kind of person.

what time did you speak to O2 and when did you get your email, was it after 6.00pm??

4. sallythemac Guest

I got my e-mail yday. It seems the "first come, first served" thing went when the upgrade store went down. o2 have said they split stock 50/50 between new and old customers, but that means that some of the successful new customers would have their stock reallocated to an upgrader who ordered say 3 hours later due to the store crash. Persoanlly, i don't think thats fair.

5. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

I'll be there around an hour before my local O2 store opens, if they have reserved all their phones to other people i'll go absolutely crazy and cause a scene, then i'll pull out the you weren't allowed to take pre-order card, then i'll go home go to my room, get under the covers and sob

6. MacMalv thread starter macrumors regular

I can understand splitting the stock, because it was unfair on the up-graders, however its still very frustrating that people who ordered at say 12.00 got the iphone whereas me who ordered early didn't. thats what i think is unfair.
    :(Im just going to sit in dark room and cry:(

7. adom macrumors 6502

Yeah its crazy. Im off to get mine tomorrow. cant wait!!!

8. glanv macrumors regular

Hey mate, me too! Ordered at 0810! The frustration I am experiencing is immense! I know it is only a phone, but that is not the point! To be told that it was first come, first served is a joke!

9. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

i ordered at 7.54 am

no emails or texts - not a single one

been charged £59 - on tuesday

order status is still 'in progress'

rang up today and they said wait till 18th June...

10. glanv macrumors regular

Seems like all us that ordered early have been stitched up! the only thing I can think of is that the site having problems caused a problem with early orders and people who ordered later were OK.

11. adom macrumors 6502

your probably better off waiting for your pre order....wait until the masses come back on here and moan because of the low stock levels. Guarantee it!