First Contact with Apple World!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cromas, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Cromas macrumors member

Cromas

whats your first contact with apple? me remember that I use winamp on pc... a friend show me, iTunes and woooooooow! I see the way of think of creators of itunes... a very smart thing... I use a lot and well I think if all works like this on apple, I want it! so I buy a powermac g5, and now I never buy a pc in my life!!!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The first contact I had with the Apple world was using Apple II GSs in Elementary School and my Pastor using a Mac Plus. I alway loved how easy it was to do some things, but stuck with PCs until I started doing computer repair in High School. We had 60% Mac, 40% PC and we spent 90% of our time repairing the PCs, plus you had to monitor software installations on the PCs very closely, but you could just let the Mac do its own thing. Plus, I was blown away at the time by the ability to boot off of CDs and external drives.

TEG

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

My first physical contact was when my iMac G5 came in the post. I had been wanting to buy a new computer and did lots of research on the internet and spent a summer working in a factory so I could afford one. The more I researched the more a mac sounded like the correct desicsion. I was just about to plump my money down on an eMac when I came here and read about the possible iMac G5 so waited for a month, it came true. I ordered on release day. I had never even used a mac before.

It was quite a shift change coming from my 98SE 500Mhz PC to 1.8Ghz G5 with Panther.

My parents are slowing coming around to the idea of using a mac but are still linked to windows through work. Perhaps when they retire I can convince them to get one.

4. chinarider macrumors regular

Apple II, sometime in high school. Then IIc (loved that one)

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

We had an Apple|| when I was a little kid. It's the first computer I remember in our house. We had the orange dot matrix monitor. Oh yea.

Then, it was Windows machines until 2004. I got an iPod and LOVED it. And so it began...

6. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

iTunes. Started using it as soon as it was available for Windows.

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

First time I even saw a Mac was when I got my iBook G3 for my 9th birthday, been a Mac guy ever since!

8. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

It was probably in elementary school, maybe around '94-ish. Looking back, I think they might've been Performas, but I'm not sure. We used to get excited when it was computer lab day and then we'd go play the cool games like Oregon Trail and Kid Pix :D. Then all the schools where we moved to had PCs, but I didn't really care.

When I really started getting into the Apple World, it was sometime in 2004 when Pepsi was giving away free under-the-cap songs on iTunes, and I was really impressed with iTunes, so I bought an iPod mini. Then a year or so later I got my MacBook! :cool: :apple:

9. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Using a very very old AIO (I have no recollection as to what it was), with some very old looking apple printer at primary school, the year before I left it was replaced with a windows machine, and it all went down hill from there....

10. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

1986. Think it was the Macintosh 512K (had to check to find a picture of it) when I started my first job.

11. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

My family had a mac in the early 90's but I don't remember what modle It was. My "first contact with Apple" was my first iPod which was the 20GB iPod photo. Four years later I now have an iPod touch and a MacBook and I couldnt be happier. :D

12. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

I have dim memories of using Apple Macs at Junior school, and my friend had one too.

Then nothing for years... and then it was Christmas and I got an iPod mini. From then on, the 'halo effect' did its job :)

Happened to you too, eh?