First day of week on calendar

VivaLaFisica

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
On my iPhone 5, the first day of the week is Sunday. It's annoying.

What do I need to do to change it to Monday?

Thanks.

I prefer to keep my region settings set to United States.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Sunday is the first day of the week and I don't believe you can change it. U.S. week runs Sunday through Saturday.

doasis23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
Mine says the first month of the year is January. How do I change it to. February?

meotai

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Sunday is a weekend day and a first of the weekday? My head is blown!

Sunday starts the week in my Windows calendar too.

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
Go into settings>general>international, and change region format to United Kingdom. This will make the month view in Calendar start on Monday. :)

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
On my iPhone 5, the first day of the week is Sunday. It's annoying.

What do I need to do to change it to Monday?
Run, don't walk, to the App Store and get Week Calendar. Yeah, I know it's overkill for the one issue you mention here. But, if you use the calendar on your phone with any regularity, you shouldn't waste any more time with the iOS version.

Regards,
Tom

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Go into settings>general>international, and change region format to United Kingdom. This will make the month view in Calendar start on Monday. :)
Are there any unintended consequences from making this change.

Run, don't walk, to the App Store and get Week Calendar. Yeah, I know it's overkill for the one issue you mention here. But, if you use the calendar on your phone with any regularity, you shouldn't waste any more time with the iOS version.

Regards,
Tom
Hey thanks will check it out.

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
I'm not sure of any unintended side effects other than the 24 hour clock, but as reputationZed said, that can be changed. You actually don't need to restart the phone for the change to take effect. I tried it, and immediately, calendar had Monday as the start of the week.

That said, I use Week Calendar. I like the user interface a lot better than in the built in Calendar app.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I'm about to try this on my own computer, but say you have Calendar synced with iCloud on your mac and you set it to start on Monday. Would it reflect on your iDevices?

Edit: It doesn't appear to affect any other calendars but the one on my mac. Oh well, I tried.

andrewjhermiz

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
Small side effect

They only change I've noticed, aside from my increased tolerance of bad weather, is 24-hour time. I changed it back in the settings but now it says 07:00 PM instead of 7:00 PM. If you have OCD that might annoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.