First day purchase from Uk online.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lympero, Sep 2, 2011.

1. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Hey
    Let's say that the iPhone will be released 7/10 or 14/10. If I ordered it online the first day of release, will I have it delivered by 7/11. What was the dispatch time for a first day order from uk for iPhone 4 and ipad2?
    Thx

Ps
    Delivery address @ London

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

No one can realistically answer that. There's every chance it could, but then again it might not.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

For the iPhone 4 there were pre-orders and phones ordered early enough were delivered on the day of release. I got mine about 11am

4. lympero thread starter macrumors 6502a

lympero

From apple online store?

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yes. Once the device is announced (which it has not been) there will be a date from which it can be ordered. You need to order as early as possible if you want launch day delivery.

6. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Is it hard to do though, I mean in terms of the website crashing and stuff? I assume they sell out within hours?

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Didn't seem that hard to me. I would note this was paying full, unsubsidised price. If you want to upgrade an existing handset or whatever you have to go through your network which may mean a later delivery.

8. cinek macrumors 6502

probably not. They'll probably sell out on pre-orders so you'll have to wait 2+ weeks to get one. If you want one on day one, pre-order it