First day release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Troyte83, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Troyte83 macrumors regular

im curious that if they do a midnight release how soon will you have to get in line outside the door, 2 hours? 5 Hours? Possibly the day before? ive been thinking about it and i would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

According to one Cingular retail employee I spoke with it'll be online orders only (at least initially).

B

3. Troyte83 thread starter macrumors regular

so if thats the case how long will it take to ship to your house?

4. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Only Apple knows..

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

Cingular will likely also know.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

And neither are talking...

B

7. Troyte83 thread starter macrumors regular

i just figure at midnight apple and cingular stores will open up and it will be mayhem probably untill 4 or 5 in the morning, it would be good to buy online but wouldnt want to wait 2 or 3 more weeks for delivery. (if that was the delivery time, hopefully sooner)

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Some of us just waited over 2 months for the :apple:TVs we ordered after the MWSF keynote. Patience.

B

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I would have to imagine they will have some in stores by then too.

10. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

I'm having a hard time believing that Cingular stores will do midnight releases for a phone. Granted, I've done plenty of midnight releases before (6hrs for a Gamecube, 24hrs for an X360 out in the freezing cold, and 50hrs this past November for a PS3, along with countless games), but with those, you make a purchase and leave. With a phone, you have to be out of contract or willing to pay a fine, and you'll have to spend a couple hours signing up for a new contract. It's much more work to buy a new phone and contract than it is to just swipe a credit card at Walmart...

11. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Out of contract? Couple of hours to sign up for a new contract?

Blimey, what's the mobile phone market like in America? The more I hear about it the more awful it sounds. Maximum it should take to take out a contract is 15 minutes. Also why would you need to pay a fine if you already have a phone contract? Unless of course you only want one contract and are not willing to take on another one concurrently.

12. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I'm sure it wouldn't take a couple hours but trust me.. CELL PHONES ARE TERRIBLE IN THE US.

They cripple the phones (at least most carriers do anyway) by putting their crappy firmware on the phones and disable features left and right. Horrible customer service too.

13. jwa276 macrumors regular

jwa276

Enter the iPhone... No more crappy firmware, verizon-style red UI's, or crippled features. God I cannot wait for this phone!

They better get some in the stores, because I'll be one of those people standing outside waiting who knows how long!