First definite signs that the iMac 2011 is coming !!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by CHSeifert, Mar 18, 2011.

1. CHSeifert, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Hey,

I just received my iMac 2010 27 Ultimate 2 days ago.
    Today - 7 hours ago, I received an email from Apple:

'Thank your for your recent Apple Store order.

Today Apple unveiled a price reduction and we are pleased to report that the price of the product you purchased is less than previously indicated.
    Accordingly, we are delighted to revise your current order and offer you our new, lower price.'

To me this is definite prove of the new iMac is coming just around the corner....

Should I accept the price reduction or return the iMac for the new SB iMac 27 :eek:

2. theking79 macrumors 6502

where are these price reductions?

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

4. CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Don't know - can't see them on the Apple web store.

But they told me I would get the price reduction automatically, because I financed my purchase.
    So will check on Monday what the new new lower price is :)

But this surely must be the new lower iMac 2010 prices...... ;)

I guess I shoudl be happy they offered me the new lower price on my iMac 2010 27 Ultimate - but probably would rather have bought the Sandy Bridge iMac 27 instead...... :(
    Just couldn't wait any longer - but if the new one is out next week, I musy admit I have bought mine in the worst possible week of the entire year ;)

5. qmanual macrumors newbie

cant wait to get a new imac, thanks for your sharing:)

6. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

7. laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

They wouldn't do a price reduction then immediately make a new release would they? I thought the trend was to make a price reduction 2-3 months before the release. Unless they're changing their system, where they give you a price reduction for the old model to give you an incentive to keep it while the go and release the new model.

8. MSM Hobbes macrumors 6502

This would indeed be great... really need to upgrade my 24" iMac,,, won't run the photo s/w that I need, and wanting next version with FW and LP/TB. :cool:

9. cinek macrumors 6502

can you prove this? i.e. screen shot? otherwise it didn't happen

10. jrm27 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just got mine today... Figures! Well, maybe I can get a little cash back if that's the case...

11. Nonbeliever macrumors newbie

12. BikerAlley macrumors member

BikerAlley

If this was true would not the Apple Store reflect the Prices.
    Would Apple not announce it in the same way they did the MBP, iPad2, etc
    Why would they keep it a secret? Comon since always pays off, lets use it!

they could be sending him the beta version of the unit and that is why he got the discount..

13. 482214 macrumors 6502

Seems like someone is trying to stir up some attention for themselves...

Unless they can show some proof I wouldn't bite into this juicy apple at all

14. leman macrumors 604

Apple has never done anything like this before (with one exception being ipad/ipad 2 transition, but thats completely different game). I highly doubt they would start with it now.

15. BikerAlley macrumors member

BikerAlley

16. Sethii macrumors newbie

Recently i bought an iPad (1) and I got my invoice after the refund programs announcement.

The bill was at the initial price and I got my refund after calling Apple.

17. bellman macrumors member

18. cinek macrumors 6502

Lol this isn't even his thread. Wait for the op to reply.

19. CHSeifert, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Look here guys and gals :) , I'm new on this site and new to Mac - for people to proclaim my initial post is a lie just tells me a lot of people on this site are immature and not really people I'm interested in communicating with :eek:

Doubters please get the fu#k out of this thread :mad:

Believers - here's a screen shot of the email I received:

[​IMG]

Come on - I have better things to do than sitting on a internet forum and lying - I thought Mac folks were more serious than the troll guys from the PC world I come from, guess this is not the case :rolleyes:

Grow up kids - why the heck would I lie about a price reduction from Apple Store :apple:

This was my first purchase at an Apple store - I bought the high end iMac Ultimate 27", 2,93 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, 256 SSD, 2 TB HDD, 2 TB TimeCapsule, TrackPad & Magic Mouse, Airport Express with Monster Cables, Apple 3 Year Protection Care - maybe this is why they offered me a reduction - I don't know how things are normally, since this was my first purchase in the Apple store and my first Apple machine. I've since then ordered a Macbook Air 13 Ult. - maybe this is why they offer me a reudction :confused:

Bought both my iPads and my iPhone 4 with a 3G contract in a phone store - so don't know how the Apple Store offers normally work. Just find it funny that they give me the credit 1 week after I made the purchase, so immediately thought it must be because the new iMac is coming soon.

Also received the 10% student discount on my purchases - because I study at the University, but that discount was given to me BEFORE I was charged, not after........

20. BMJT macrumors regular

They've supplied no other info about you apart from your name, are asking for all your payment details, strange e-mail address, repeated the odd phrase "to avail this offer...", and is a kind of deal few people have heard of before - Does this sound pretty dodgy to anyone else?? You should call Apple directly to see what's going on, and make sure it's all legit.

21. moneyman118 macrumors 6502

I'm thinking it's because of the items in bold. Apple recently reduced the prices of ram and the SSD. Are you ordering from the U.S. Store or another store? I'm hoping Tuesday brings new iMac's!!

22. CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

I purchased from the Danish Apple store, Denmark is in Northern Europe :eek:

23. CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

So you think maybe it's a scam :eek:

24. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's totally a scam. Why would they need your payment details? Apple already has them. Delete.

25. moneyman118 macrumors 6502

FRAUD!! Call 1-800-MYAPPLE and ask them about a price reduction. Apple will never request information like that in an email. PLEASE do not respond to this email.