First ever macbook, looking for suggestions for hard travel type case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zero2krazy, Jan 14, 2011.

1. zero2krazy macrumors newbie

Hello all, this is my first Mac so I want to do whatever I can to help protect it. It's a 13 in macbook pro, I bought a speck satin case for it for direction protection but it's going to be in a book bag with a few books in it quite often so I want to make sure it doesn't get unnecessarily crushed. That being said does anyone have suggestions for a type of travel case that will enclose the laptop, and meet this demand?

Thanks

2. Gok macrumors newbie

I just use Speck satin case with a bag full of computer science (big a**) books. No problem what so ever dude.

3. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

The aluminum body has good rigidity. With that said, you will want to get one of the neoprene cases as it does add shock protection and extra cushioning and of course also protects it from getting scratched up.

4. jazziethomas macrumors member

Besides of the sleeves or cases for your mac book the best way to protect it while traveling is to put in in a baggage of clothes unless you want to hand carry it in order to be more sure about its condition while on travel.

5. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

That is the worst way to travel with a macbook. Always take electronic devices on carry on because suitcases get lost too many times.

6. Mangos86 macrumors member

I have read a lot of good reviews on the speck cases.