First Freeze

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by kagharaht, Sep 28, 2016.

1. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

iMac Late 2013 purchased 2015. 16gb RAM i5. This morning screen just stayed black. Would not light up. Tapped the keys, pad nothing. You can hear the drives going, its on. Just would not wake up. Had to tap the power button on the back a few times...it worked and I logged on. Decided to try and reboot. Stuck. iTunes wouldn't respond, Mail, App Store, Notes, Calendar all stuck won't quit. Forced quit all of them then Finder unresponsive. lol Ok so I shut it off with the power button. So my first hard crash with Sierra.... Anyone else experience this?

2. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Happened again today. Sierra is not as stable as El Capitan it seems.

3. Tarek macrumors 6502

A lot of people have been having problems with Sierra after they upgraded, and I think you should try performing a clean install if that is feasible to you.

4. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah happened again today. Finder just unresponsive. All I had was iTunes running after it was updated. Tried to quit iMovie and it froze, then iTunes wouldn't quit, Finder wouldn't quit, had to hold down the power button to shut down and reboot. I'll have to do a clean install soon. At least I have Time Machine backup to restore from.