First gen iPad 3G 64 gb 429 @ AT&T

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kellen, Jul 3, 2011.

1. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

AT&T is clearing out their stock of first gen IPads. 64 gb has been out of stock but is now back.

Just go to AT&T, search for iPad and it comes up. People have been saying they are good as new and even though they only have a 30 day AT&T warranty, they have left over apple warranty for 6+ months.

I just ordered one after waiting for the 64 gb to get back in stock.

2. larock macrumors member

Just be careful....I bought the refurbished 32GB last month and noticed I couldn't access the Cellualar Data tab in Settings to see how much data had been used. I called AT&T and found out it was set up as a Post Paid Account. No problem, they told me I could pick up a new sim at any store and activate it as Prepaid. So I did this and was told the Post Paid was canceled out free of charge (with the exception I lost the 14.99), but here it is a month later and I get a bill for it. On the phone now. It's kind of misleading the website states there is "No Service Commitment", but when I called the first time I was told they would wave the ETF. But nothing was really done....Still Love the 1 Gen iPad.

3. kellen thread starter macrumors 68020

kellen

Thanks for the heads up. I just want it to be in good shape.

4. blueprint1983 macrumors 6502

I took advantage of this but the only thing I don't like is that I had to call them up to cancel my 3G service, with NO confirmation e-mail.

Also, if you get Applecare, it'll start after the end of the manufacturer's warranty from the original registration date not purchase date from ATT.