First gen iphone jailbreak help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by achineseninjew, Oct 12, 2008.

1. achineseninjew macrumors newbie

What is the easiest and safest way to only jailbreak a first generation iphone? i do not want to unlock it.

2. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

quickpwn
    thats what I used since I'm with AT&T

3. achineseninjew thread starter macrumors newbie

i heard that if you use quickpwn it messes with your bootloader or something so like when apple releases a new firmware it will be hard to upgrade to it.

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

quickpwn does not touch your boot loader, you only need to modify it if you want to unlock. Since you want to just jailbreak you can safely do so through quickpwn. When you want to update to a new software version you can restore, upgrade, then rejailbreak.

5. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

If you already have 2.1 software running on a stock phone do you have to download that file and and place it in a folder before you quickpwn? I was reading a website that said to do that. It doesn't seem real clear to me what to do. I have a stock 1st generation iPhone with 2.1 and I have a Windows XP computer. Can someone give me a few pointers of the steps to use to jailbreak only. I am on AT&T and don't need to unlock. Thanks for any help.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I've been wanting to do this too. Also on AT&T with no need to unlock. Last time I checked quickpwn wasn't available for Mac so I backed out. In the past I always used Ziphone.

7. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

8. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

umm, get QuickPwn, and your done..lol, make sure you ONLY check the CYDIA thing..Installer is pointless, and you don't want to replace the boot logo(SEVERE slowdows, and if something goes wrong and you go to Apple store, they'll know WITHOUT even doing the tests that its jailbroken), and you obviously said you don't want to unlock it so, don't check that. and your done.

9. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

Thanks fireshot. What about backups? If I connect to iTunes and it backs-up my jailbroken phone is that going to screw anything up if I want to return to stock in the future? I already saved the original 2.1 .ipsw restore file that I updated my iPhone with back in September. Is that all I need to bring it back to stock? Thanks
    Also about installing Installer. There isn't anything I may need with that? If I install them both is there any evidence of a jailbreak that Apple can tell? or is it just the logo thing to be careful not to install?

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb