First Gen iPhone not getting MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lavrishevo, Mar 18, 2009.

1. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I thought it interesting to see that the first generation iPhone is not going to get MMS due to "hardware limitations". This does not make much sense. The edge chip is plenty capable of sending a pictures via e-mail so I wonder what is their reasoning?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No one knows and anyone interested is well aware of this limitation.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Aaaaand my signature.

MMS is outdated tech, anyway. I couldn't care less that I won't have it.

Well, namely because I don't have phone service with mine, but I couldn't care less that I can't ever have MMS.

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

So what is your question about hacking, jailbreaking etc? Or did you forget which forum this was? :)

5. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Don't be a moron please we have way too many here on these forums. My point is the lack of this feature is clearly not ideal. My wife got my old first gen and I find it unfortuante that she will not be able to send me pics of her and /nor my son when I am on the road working via mms. I was hoping for video capability with 3.0 but I did not read that in my brief view of the article. Maybe swirly will work now on AT&T.

6. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Um, exactly. Too many morons post topics in the incorrect forum or ask questions that were asked merely hours or minutes prior.

Your point may best be presented in a more appropriate forum. :)

7. jonbers macrumors newbie

1st Gen Contracts ending

The reason, I believe, that mms will not work on the 1st gen, along with other API's is cause this summer will be the end to many of the 1st gen contracts. Apple will probably release a new phone, with more memory and try to grab those people to renew and get the new phone and enable them to enjoy the perks.
    Messaging will open up on ATT for the iphone though, so 1st gen people can jailbreak their phone and use Swirly MMS. A friend told me AT&T would only open mms on the 3G network, but seeing how spotty that service is, it will probably be open on EDGE too.

Just some thoughts.