FIRST gen iPhone question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iunnohead, Jul 11, 2008.

  1. iunnohead macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 10, 2008
    #1
    Is it safe yet to update? I don't wanna get stuck with no iPhone. :/
     
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #2
    Not really, no. 2.0 doesn't even show up in iTunes for me yet. It is very unsafe to update... unless you're planning on unlocking anyway. You won't need to go through reactivation for that!
     
  3. StevenMacD macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #3
    Nope, not safe yet.

    I've been trying to get my iPhone reactivated for the past 3 hours and still not there yet. My advice would just wait till tomorrow when the server loads weakens.
     
  4. iunnohead thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 10, 2008
    #4
    Oh, okay. That sucks.
    I'll just wait then like you said.
     
  5. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

    stockscalper

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2003
    Location:
    Area 51
    #5
    Download the zip file and install it that way.
     
  6. woahdell macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2008
    #6
    just to let you know...I just updated successfully.
     
  7. rayward macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2007
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    #7
    At 11:30am CDT I started trying again, and after 4 or 5 tries it connected and activated. There's been reports since that Apple have taken their servers offline completely, but I can't imagine that's a long term thing.

    If you don't have time on your hands, wait until tomorrow (or 3am tonight). If you can afford to burn an hour or more, then have a crack at it now. Just remember, that the phone is bricked until you complete the iTunes part of the process.
     

Share This Page