First gen iPod touch cord to iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Takeda6, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Takeda6 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I'de like to ask if I can use the old cord that came with my first gen iPod touch with my iPhone 4?

The iPod touch and the cord is permanently plugged in my car, and now that I have an iPhone 5, I decided to use my old iPhone 4 as my cars iPod.

Can I just plug my iPhone 4 with the old wire I'm using with the iPod touch? Or should I buy a new cord? I don't want to mess with it's battery. It still works perfect and can still be a good back up phone for emergencies.

I can't use the old cord that came with my iPhone 4 cause my wife still uses it. She lost hers a while ago.

By the way the old iPod touch 1st gen is still running strong. Some lags but otherwise she works excellent. Money well spent.

Thank you.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

isnt it the same 30 pin connector that its always been until the lightning cable came out?

i would say yes

3. Takeda6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes they are identical. I just didn't know if there would be any difference with the output or something as it's years ahead of my good ol iPod touch lol. But yes both are 30 pinned connectors.

I never bought any accessories either, only cases and earphones so I didn't know if wires or connectors could be interchanged between the two devices.

Thank you for your response. It will save me money : )

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

all of the 30 pin connectors since the first iphone are universal and exactly the same.

5. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

No wonder Apple is on the downward spiral. Where's the innovation?

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

its called a lightning cable

not to mention, whats the problem with that? using the same cable across all devices cuts production costs for them, makes it cheaper for you so you dont need to buy 4000 different cables and allows 3rd party manufacturers to make one device that works with all variants of apple products. your post makes no sense.

7. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I thought everybody post with sarcasm.