First Generation Mac... Anyone want it???

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by jpsimm, Sep 29, 2009.

1. jpsimm macrumors newbie

First Generation Mac with scanner. Operable and loaded with graphics arts software. Was used by my sister who is a retired commercial illustrator. Mouse too. Maybe some other stuff. I can't store it any longer and will give it to someone who will appreciate the historical value.

Catch? You have to come to southern California and get it. All or nothing please. The scanner is much too big and heavy to ship. Other details, serial nrs, pics on request.:apple:

2. JRLfrom68k macrumors newbie

Although I'm on the opposite side of the state, curiosity piques me.

What model is it?

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

+1

Personally the first Macintosh i'd consider would be something like the Apple I but if your talking "Macintosh" then it'll have to be the 1984 release model. M0001.

[​IMG]

4. JRLfrom68k macrumors newbie

Well, that might be true, but the M0001 didn't have a hard drive, so it can't be loaded with software. :p

Plus, "First Generation" might be referring to a compact mac besides the M0001.

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

You are right, initially they're shipped with the floppy only, but actually there is a version with a 40Mb HD and double the RAM.

I think the OP is being a little too vague. I'll be interested if it's a SE/30 but will he/she ship to the UK? and at what cost?:eek:

6. JRLfrom68k macrumors newbie

You mean a 40 MB HD and 256k of RAM? I don't think so. xD There was never a Mac model with 256k of RAM.

7. Yakuza macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

a must have indeed

to bad i'm from Portugal...it just would turn out to be to expensive lolol :(

8. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

the 256k DUH!!!!!

9. Buzz Bumble Guest

The Apple I is not a "Macintosh" by any definition.

The first Mac was released in 1984 as you said, although it was basically a more compact version of the slightly earlier "Lisa" which was later spec-bumped and renamed the "Macintosh XL".

10. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

You mean M1000?
    [​IMG]