First Genius Bar Replacement?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mobutt, Apr 24, 2015.

1. mobutt macrumors 6502

I think I'm the first one. I pulled my Milanese loop out just to check it out, try to put it back in and much to my dismay it wouldn't lock into place. I took it to the Apple Store thinking I'm just missing something and they'll show me how to do it. No one could get it working. They thought it was the band and were giving me a Classic Buckle to use until my my Milanese loop came in but it turns out its the watch. Now I have to wait 3-5 days :(.

2. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

How can it be the watch? I assume the magnet does not work that?

4. leeingham macrumors 6502

Probably just a demo one they have given him

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

They likely have stock for replacements in situations just as these. No stores appear to have any stock of bands at all to sell.

6. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

They are supposed to have bands in the store. Whether or not they actually do remains to be seen.

7. mobutt thread starter macrumors 6502

They did not have bands at the store, he was giving me a classic buckle from a brand new demo unit that has not gone up yet. And it is the watch because the actual locking mechanism for bands would not work.

8. Kent01 macrumors 6502

My roommate just had his 38mm blue sport replaced completely earlier today because the vibration motor wasn't working. He did speak to a support rep online and booked an appointment beforehand though.

9. mobutt thread starter macrumors 6502

They said they had no replacements and that they'd have to send it in. Wtf man.

10. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

I have a couple friends at  stores here in nashville and they confirmed there are no "swaps" right now. you have to send it in

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I guess it's confirmed. White box replacements are online only, just as ordering is online only.

At least it's not something you absolutely can't function without like the iPhone.

12. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

The price of being an early adopter.