First iCloud backup complete

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmack549, Jun 8, 2011.

1. jmack549 macrumors 6502

I now have no idea how to access this stuff, or what to do with it, but it's done!

[​IMG]

2. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I'm going to attempt to now! Thanks for reminding me!

3. iKennett macrumors 6502

Got both the iPhone and iPad backed up here. I did notice that when I deleted iMovie from my iPhone it still showed up as a back up option for 2/3 forced syncs.

4. iKennett macrumors 6502

Also... is your 'Photo Stream' different to your 'Camera Roll'... if not why does it offer to back it up when you have photo stream?

5. jmack549 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well they both contain the same pictures, and I think the Photo Stream is already "backed up" since it's in the cloud. Can we access the Photo Stream online?

6. Tom359 macrumors regular

Having issues

Where are you seeing this screen? Is it under iCloud? Every time I try to log into iCloud, it says that my user ID is already configured, yet many of the features don't seem to be working. For example, when I turn on photo stream, and select the ID that it says is configured, it automatically turns it off every time I go back and check it. Weird.

7. aleni macrumors 68020

it did that on mine too. is it because my apple ID is not an USA ID?

8. muledogus macrumors 6502

how long did it take you guys? mine is saying about 2 hours remaining.

9. dspalton macrumors 6502a

Do we know how to access the stuff in iCloud?

David

10. iKennett macrumors 6502

I'm going to assume that certain things like backups wont have an option to access directly. Do we even know if a mobileme like interface will return for iCloud mail, cal etc?

11. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

If you reset your phone, you can 'restore from iCloud'. That's one way to access it.

12. Tom359 macrumors regular

Update to ID not working

Just for fun, I decided to create a new iCloud account, with a new .me email address, and what do you know, it works now. The weird part is that I tried my Apple ID tied to iTunes, and it didn't work. I tried using my existing Mobile Me address and it didn't work either. I could only make it work by creating a new Apple ID and email address. Question: since this is not the ID tied to my iTunes account, is that going to bork things later on when iTunes lets me upload/match my music?

13. jmack549 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was wondering this too, but it's weird because it seems like everything else on my phone is still using my old email account, but iCloud is using my new .me account. It all seems very confusing to me.

14. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Settings -> General -> Usage -> Manage Storage -> [Your] iPhone

15. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Man, you guys are a lot more trusting than I am. No way I'm trusting all my personal backups to some cloud somewhere. I've got two hard drives and an external terabyte drive and I know exactly where they are at all times.

Maybe I'm old school, but this just seems too flakey and in all my years, i've never lost a single file keeping my own backups.

16. jmack549 thread starter macrumors 6502

If someone really wants to look at pictures of my dogs and my text messages full of personal jokes between me and my friends they can feel free.

17. Icyplains macrumors newbie

From release notes: