First iMovie 4K filmed on iPhone 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iNinja08, Oct 25, 2015.

1. iNinja08, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015

iNinja08 macrumors regular

iNinja08

This is why I bought an iPhone. I went to Bearizona yesterday out in Williams Arizona 30 miles west of Flagstaff. Got to test out some of the 4K shooting and pictures on the iPhone 6s Plus. I later came home and spent about 2-3 hours piecing together the footage in iMovie on the phone, then saved as 4k > moved to PC and uploaded to youtube in 4k.

Most of these clips were zoomed which definitely shows in digital cropping, also the moving clips where shot through a dusty car window, but overall I'm really happy with what the phone was capable of pulling off considering this was filmed and edited on a phone. As you'll be able to notice in the film, that the lighting exposure was very challenging and in fact found myself constantly adjusting to get the right details from the animals. Considering the environment with bright Arizona sun at 330pm-545pm and the contrast of the shadows from all the woodland I felt it did a decent job of being able to adjust. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

2. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

3. j2ee Suspended

j2ee

I want to visit Arizona sometimes:D

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Very cool video. Very decent job for a phone, right?

5. I7guy macrumors G5

That was awesome, thanks for sharing.

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Very nice! Brilliant colors. You did a great job.

7. Berthacrowley macrumors member

Berthacrowley

I know we're just supposed to be evaluating the video quality (excellent!) but the otters!!! Gah, so cute!

8. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Did you go to the Deer Farm a few miles down the road?

We just went up to Williams to hit the Grand Canyon one day, and Bearazona/Deer Farm and the Pumpkin Train ride with the kids a few weeks back. Made everything but the Bear's since it started raining when we were heading there so we ended up spending a bit more time in Flagstaff and headed back to Phoenix.

9. iNinja08 thread starter macrumors regular

iNinja08

Thanks all, no we didn't go to the deer farm but going again in a month over the holiday and I think the young ones will really love it. Thanks for he heads up on the deer farm(wasn't aware of it).

10. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Nice video!

The ability to digitally crop by 4x and not lose resolution compared to native 1080 is an underrated benefit of shooting in 4k, IMO. That's what I did with this video - shot in 4k, edited in iMovie including setting a healthy zoom factor on most of the clips, then rendered to 1080.

Also notice how well the optical image stabilization works on the 6s+. These look like tripod shots but are actually hand-held. Shooting video on this phone is a dream.

11. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Just Wow!

12. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10