Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iDrew87

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Belfast
I don't know but I am interested to see what people say about this.

We all may be aware in some parts of the country in USA, UK ETC There will be people queuing up way early in advance like a week or so for the iPad launch day. It often occurs in my mind, do the first person in the queue ever get to be given a free iPad to show his/her dedications for queuing up for such a long time?

Has there be cases like this in past?

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010

We all may be aware in some parts of the country in USA, UK ETC There will be people queuing up way early in advance like a week or so for the iPad launch day. It often occurs in my mind, do the first person in the queue ever get to be given a free iPad to show his/her dedications for queuing up for such a long time?

Slightly off topic: when the iphone 4 came out, the news in the USA ran a story that showed a woman showing up to a line that had formed days before. She had a handful of cash and said she was gonna buy the first place from the dude that was there and then buy dozens of phones to resell. She gave the guy like 800 bucks for his spot, went in and then was told she was only allowed to buy 1. The dude whose spot was bought, simply went to the back of the line, waited and bought his phone when it was his turn. The look on the ladies face cracked me up. So to answer your question: no idea.

Last edited:

ukwildcat

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2009
Slightly off topic: when the iphone 4 came out, the news in the USA ran a story that showed a woman showing up to a line that had formed days before. She had a handful of cash and said she was gonna buy the first place from the dude that was there and then buy dozens of phones to resell. She gave the guy like 800 bucks for his spot, went in and then was told she was only allowed to buy 2. The dude whose spot was bought, simply went to the back of the line, waited and bought his phone when it was his turn. The look on the ladies face cracked me up. So to answer your question: no idea.

That's funny. Hadn't heard that story.

----------

And no.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
Slightly off topic: when the iphone 4 came out, the news in the USA ran a story that showed a woman showing up to a line that had formed days before. She had a handful of cash and said she was gonna buy the first place from the dude that was there and then buy dozens of phones to resell. She gave the guy like 800 bucks for his spot, went in and then was told she was only allowed to buy 2. The dude whose spot was bought, simply went to the back of the line, waited and bought his phone when it was his turn. The look on the ladies face cracked me up. So to answer your question: no idea.

I love it do you happen to have a link that is priceless.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
No, i Remember someone lined up for 2 weeks for an iPhone 4S, they paid just like everyone else, on an unrelated note, I plan on getting there about 12 hours before to try to be the first

monkeylui

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
A Galaxy far, far away
I waited for the iPad one. But I got there that morning @ like 530am & was less than 20th in line. It was fun, but I won't do it again. I pre-order everything now. I'd rather sit at home & wait.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
You probably could sell your 1st spot for the cost of an iPad - just may have to wait a few extra days. :)

ConnorTurnbull

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2010
United Kingdom

5275827332_0cbfeda67d.jpg

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
You probably could sell your 1st spot for the cost of an iPad - just may have to wait a few extra days. :)

Or you could preorder one then stand in line and then sell you spot before the store opens then go home and receive your iPad and have money in your pocket for accessories.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I was the first person in line at my local AT&T store for the original iPhone back in 2007, and I was not given a free iPhone for waiting. I got in line early the same morning of launch day at an AT&T store. However, I was offered $1,000 cash by one person for my first spot in line.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011

Thank you!

Trying to buy all the phones was a snake thing to do. I buy things to resale all the time but I don't try to abuse the system like that. She really wanted to screw those people over what a shame.

Didn't she first say she was going to buy a hundred thousand dollars worth? Who flashes clash like that except for rappers. Lol

Karma bit her worst part the kid that took her money talked crap about her afterwards lol

----------

I was the first person in line at my local AT&T store for the original iPhone back in 2007, and I was not given a free iPhone for waiting. I got in line early the same morning of launch day at an AT&T store. However, I was offered $1,000 cash by one person for my first spot in line.

I would have taken that in a heartbeat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.