Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
West Country, UK
Now theres a claim for you!

The chap on the phone at Orange said i'm the first to be signed up to their ipad tarrifs! Nice! no wonder no one knows how to do it lol!

theres no Orange app yet and their services are not up and running!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
First, congrats on your notoriety. :D

Now a few questions:

1) Was your iPad bought in the UK or US?

2) When you go to Settings -> Cellular Data -> Account what happens?

3) You mention no App... will Orange have a separate app to manage the 3G account?

hotace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
West Country, UK
Ok here goes>

UK bought ipad, pre ordered 10th may sometime around lunchtime, received this morning via UPS.

Not much at the moment - lists Orangedata as provider! awaiting a call back as Orange dont have the tarriffs on their system yet, they were not expecting people to get them untill tomorrow!

According to Orange website they will have ipad app to manage tarrifs etc

dazzap

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
Having trouble with Orange

Got my sim registered ok, but cant sign on to the orange website or apps.

If you try a password reset it wants to txt an auth code to your number. Seeing as ipads dont do txts and I dont have an orange phone Im a bit stuck.

Lady at Orange suggested going to Orange store, or finding an old orange phone and swapping sims around.

Seems like they didnt quite think it through yet.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
The only iPad data plan in the uk that pops up the same as AT&T is o2, orange is app managed and the others are web based.

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
Got my sim registered ok, but cant sign on to the orange website or apps.

If you try a password reset it wants to txt an auth code to your number. Seeing as ipads dont do txts and I dont have an orange phone Im a bit stuck.

Lady at Orange suggested going to Orange store, or finding an old orange phone and swapping sims around.

Seems like they didnt quite think it through yet.

and that's one of the many reasons I stopped being an Orange customer. They just don't seem to understand what their customers want or need.

stujmac26

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
Anyone got through to Orange recently - have been on hold for 10 mins so far, want to know if this is going to take up my whole afternoon!! :rolleyes:

Update: just got through! Happy happy joy joy :D :apple: :D

stujmac26

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
and that's one of the many reasons I stopped being an Orange customer. They just don't seem to understand what their customers want or need.

OMG you are so correct. Today I can 'register', but I have to wait 24 hours to select a tariff. If they hadn't given me £10 of free credit I would have told the guy where to go already. At 5p per MB that's 200MB so should see me through the day!

Hoping my 3 SIM turns up today so I don't even have to do 1 month with Orange before cancelling.

Seriously have they no idea how to make things work for the customer?

PS the worst part of the call was when he used the phrase 'a pacific tariff' when he meant 'a specific tariff'. Why exactly would I want a 'peaceful' tariff?? Morons!!!!

dazzap

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
OMG you are so correct. Today I can 'register', but I have to wait 24 hours to select a tariff. If they hadn't given me £10 of free credit I would have told the guy where to go already. At 5p per MB that's 200MB so should see me through the day!

Hoping my 3 SIM turns up today so I don't even have to do 1 month with Orange before cancelling.

Seriously have they no idea how to make things work for the customer?

PS the worst part of the call was when he used the phrase 'a pacific tariff' when he meant 'a specific tariff'. Why exactly would I want a 'peaceful' tariff?? Morons!!!!

Hmm... I registered and selected the basic PAYG option.

stujmac26

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
Hmm... I registered and selected the basic PAYG option.

I was told you can only select any kind of option if you are already an Orange customer, otherwise you have to wait 24 hours.

They also said they would send me an e-mail but that hasn't arrived. Given that he mis-spelt my name, postcode and SIM Card number the first time I can't say I'm surprised.

PipPip

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2008
UK
I managed to setup an account over the phone, and select a monthly tariff.

But as a previous poster found out, when you go to the web site to create your online account, it wants to send an SMS to your iPad SIM.

But hey, the iPad is not a phone, and doesn't have SMS !

Just spent 20 minutes on the phone to technical support, trying to explain the problem, he eventually clicked! Then said, 'Oh you can't setup an account then, as that is the only way we do it!'

I said cancel the contract then, and you'll have 1000's of frustrated new iPad owners very soon, and he then offered to escalate it and get a senior techie to call me back.

Still waiting ..........

pgre

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2005
I got the Orange Sim.. but I am going to wait for the Three sim getting sent instead I think..

I'll just enable it when I need it..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.