Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Droymac

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2011
Portland, OR
iTunes Radio is surprisingly impressive given its official launch today.

I'm liking it so far, too. Now I actually have a use for the Music app; No more hiding it with the other iOS apps that I don't use, and one less third-party app that I need on my device.

Serenity7

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
iOS 7 sucks ass I now know of several other people who own iphone 5's that it ****ed their phone up, including mine. A couple had to get completely new SIM cards from their wireless carrier. Others including myself can't even send iMessages anymore, wtf?! And you consider this an improvement, it's like these people think that were children making all the stupid app symbols unrealistic but now cartoon form so little kids know what **** is?! So not happy with this crap, this is a huge step backwards for adults and huge step forward for kids, I'm going back to Microsoft if Apple products are now meant for kids. **** when I saw all the new changes (and I'm very young), I thought what the hell, I've had iPods since the first generation, same with iPads and iPhones. You can't keep up with this ****, it's ridiculous.

grimmace

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2003
Boston
Glad to see some people posting frustrations with IOS7 when all the hype is kept on the front page of macrumors. The Today Show slammed IOS this morning on the many people frustrated with it as well as how EASY it was to just swipe into their phones and see everything. I did install IOS7 on my iP4 and it works alright. I dont get many of the new features making it all flashy but glad I have NOT purcahsed a new iphone yet! Waiting for them to get this right with iP6 and also make a larger version! Since I am one of those who rarely ever setup a password, all is still fine here. I'm sure they will issue a new release with bug fixes to address the issue which should also ****up the speed for iP4 users.

Bill Way

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
insight into iOS-7 objectives... and the real problem

While on the phone with one of Apple's excellent support people today, he mentioned that one of their objectives was to, "Make it look like Android." That, for me, was an "Aha" moment - yes everything I don't like about it cosmetically is stuff that looks like Android. It almost as though the Bad Taste Fairy went through the phone covering everything in fairy-dung.

Cosmetics aren't a deal-killer for me, but the wretched performance is. It helps to turn off dozens of never-wanted-suddenly-turned-on notifications, and we will all become very familiar with the home-button double-click to turn off apps, as now every app stays running, every time, until you do this. I think that's how they defined "multi-tasking" - users now have multiple tasks to complete when running every app.

Dilbert's pointy-haired boss would be so happy.

WW

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
Cosmetics aren't a deal-killer for me, but the wretched performance is. It helps to turn off dozens of never-wanted-suddenly-turned-on notifications, and we will all become very familiar with the home-button double-click to turn off apps, as now every app stays running, every time, until you do this. I think that's how they defined "multi-tasking" - users now have multiple tasks to complete when running every app.

WW

Was that all satire? It's hard to tell. Because the way apps are suspended in the background hasn't changed from iOS 6, aside from some updated background APIs that need specific implementation from the app developer.

Bill Way

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
performance

Blackcrayon - I apparently barked up the wrong tree when I assumed it was the enhanced multitasking feature that was slowing things down. Thanks for the correction. Something in IOS7 is causing my iphone4 to respond badly, if inconsistently so. That something is a mystery to me.

WW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.