First IPad but I have a question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bartonjm, May 12, 2012.

1. bartonjm macrumors member

I was so excited today because I bought my first IPad. It's a black 64 gb 4g model. Colors look good, but I starting reading my first e book, and I noticed a couple of dead/stuck pixels smack dab in the middle of the screen. I'm not a complainer, but is this worthy of a return? I'm not sure what to do. Thanks folks.

2. Jessemtz25 macrumors regular

Jessemtz25

I would say it is if it bothers you then that is enough for me. No harm in striving for some perfection.

3. bartonjm thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice. I'm just not sure what is considered normal?

4. PaulWog Suspended

Might be normal might not be. You'd have to take a picture and show us.

My stuck pixels went unstuck on me, only had a couple, just so you know. So they might unstick. I only had white stuck pixels, didn't notice black or green or anything else.

5. trek360 macrumors 6502

Everyone has different tolerance levels. Personally I'd return it and get a new one. You've already noticed it and it seems to have affected your experience.

Keep in mind if you return it now, you can repurchase a brand new unit. If you deal with an exchange after the return period, you may get a refurb.

6. Silken macrumors member

Think of how much you have paid for the device, I would take it back and exchange for a new one. You shouldn't have to put up with an inferior screen. I know this is my opinion, but anything relating to dead pixels would annoy me and the fact that it is in the middle of the screen compounds this.

Take it back.

7. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Even if it doesn't bother you:
    It could get worse.
    It lowers your resale value.

Swap it out while you can.

8. bartonjm thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll take it back today and try again. I'm not sure what the correct term is, but when I look at any white screen, there are a couple that are always black. Is there a difference between stuck and dead? I guess I'll just show the Apple store people and see what they say.

9. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Lightning cracks off in the distance; thunder chases the wind.

10. bartonjm thread starter macrumors member

Where there's lightning there's thunder, and where there's thunder there's lightning. I think I gotcha. ;)