First iPad impressions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bob Sanders, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Bob Sanders macrumors member

Im a long time iPhone owner and I just picked up my first iPad, a 64 gb iPad 2 wifi only in black.

• I love web browsing using icab mobile. I'm a guy who usually has 20+ tabs open in chrome on my desktop and the tabbed browsing experience in icab is very solid. I've barely touched the desktop since activating the iPad.

• The Direct TV app is awesome, no need to disrupt the tv screen to browse my channel guide which is a huge bonus if others are in the room watching with me.

• My iPhone 4 feels like a miniature after using the iPad.

• The dock connector is difficult to plug into because of the curved edges. The orientation lock/mute button feel cheap and plasticy like is may break if you aren't careful.

• Screen gets dirty really quick. A nearby microfiber cloth is a must have.

• I think the speaker is decent. I've seen criticisms but it exceeded my expectations.

• Dropbox plus Goodreader is pretty awesome so far. Haven't had time to test much yet though.

2. M87 macrumors 65816

My first impression: Everything is awesome except the cameras, which are INCREDIBLY bad.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Mine: love the feel and how thin it is...but the camera is awful. I thought mine was defective at first.

4. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h