Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjung7

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Reminds me a lot of the iPhone 4. Definitely getting it when it comes out.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I sense a front page article. Day One purchase for me. And I have zero issues with the vertical camera or fingerprint sensor placement. I just want a new iPhone.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
It's seems to be on par with what I expected.

And, guys, lets not act like the S8 is not a S7 without a home button...because thats essentially what it is. The same will be for the iPhone 8...a 7/7plus without a home button and vertical camera.

Not sure what some people were expecting...some futuristic type of device? Hell, if this device cost $1K, could you imagine how much a "out of this world" revolutionary device would cost...I'm guessing the technology just isn't quite ready for that yet.

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It's seems to be on par with what I expected.

And, guys, lets not act like the S8 is not a S7 without a home button...because thats essentially what it is. The same will be for the iPhone 8...a 7/7plus without a home button and vertical camera.

Not sure what some people were expecting...some futuristic type of device? Hell, if this device cost $1K, could you imagine how much a "out of this world" revolutionary device would cost...I'm guessing the technology just isn't quite ready for that yet.

I agree. The Most interesting part is to see if touch ID will be retained on the front or placed on the back of the iPhone. If on the back m, then I don't see it being ready this for being embedded under the display due to yield issues with OLED displays. Synaptics was the Company Apple was rumored to be working with and it was rumored Touch ID won't be ready for this year with the OLED display.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I sense a front page article. Day One purchase for me. And I have zero issues with the vertical camera or fingerprint sensor placement. I just want a new iPhone.
I will really hate that insane :eek: camera bump on back of my new iPhone 8 :( [but i will live with it]
On a side Note :-
I don't think apple will place touch id on back on the new iPhone, it will be either on the power button or embedded direct in display, any way that will be a huge win win for me :D

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
why is battery life of iPhone not like MacBook Pro it charges in 90 minutes and lasts 10 hours

The battery in the MacBook Pro is quite a bit bigger! Furthermore 3G/4G really drains battery compared to Wi-Fi. And a few other things... but the iPhone's battery life is slowly getting better. :)

Reactions: malikkamran
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.