First Iphone Bill $100 over!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bubbagumpshrimp, Aug 22, 2008.

1. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

I just checked my bill online and it says $224 which is about 100 dollars more than what it should be. I called ATT and they said its because I went over my minutes but I know this isn't right because 1 day before my billing cycle ends it said I had 400 min remaining. Unfortunately Att said I cant read the calling details until tomorrow.
    It has been one thing after another since I joined ATT (left verizon) for the iphone 3g.

-wrong sim card in both my wife and I iphones.

-3 Att agents tell me that my FAN will apply to both the data and calling plan. Nope just the calling plan.

- My wife's iphone comes two weeks later than mine because the ATT rep forgot to place her order with mine. The outcome is that I got to pay a 23 dollar pro-rate charge for her data plan because she was now in the middle of our billing cycle.

The list really does go on but what im wondering is if their is anyway to protest this? and if so, how would you recomend me going about this?

-sorry about the rant.:eek:

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Wait until you can see the full Call Log, it really does take 72 hours or more for some calls to show up.

3. View macrumors regular

Mine is also higher than usual also, but that was because I upgraded mine, and they did the pro-rated charge for the old iPhone plan, and a full month of the new one. So next month will be a lot lower than normal, and then will be normal after that (hopefully).

You need to look at the bill when it becomes available, and don't let ATT cheat on you! They're already rich!

4. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

activation fees ect.

My first bill was 165, my bill from a few days ago came it at 103 after taxes and everything. Thats what i'll end up paying every month.

5. bubbagumpshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

Already took care of the activation fees in my first billing cycle.

Here's a question, lets say I find out that the day before my billing cycle my phone had dialed someone for 3hrs without me knowing about it, can I protest those minutes? Honestly that is the only scenario that would make sense as to how I would have gone over my minutes.

6. Pared macrumors 65816

Why would you be able to protest that? They don't monitor the calls (as far as I know.)

And why would someone on the other end stay on the line for 3 hours? Does that even sound plausible to you?

7. bubbagumpshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, explain to me how 400 min vanish in one day? is that a plausible question for you?

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this bill tomorrow.

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I missed something... How did you take care of the activation fees in your first billing cycle if this is your first iPhone bill?

9. bubbagumpshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

Because, I already had one billing cycle prior to this one.

10. Pared macrumors 65816

lol Actually that's a question you need to figure out yourself using your bill. :) I was simply replying to your initial point which, if you back and re-read it, seemed a bit ridiculous.

I'm sure you'll agree. Go ahead and read it again. :)

11. Haruk macrumors member

Current Account Balance $822.99
    Payment Due 09/09/2008

**** at&t

12. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Ok, then to be clear, this is NOT your first iPhone bill? Because the fact that your bill is appx. $100 over and the title of the thread says "first iPhone bill" makes me think that you are seeing the standard "first bill" fees...

13. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Where did you see that you had 400 minutes remaining?

Might it be that the 400 minutes was lagging a day or so behind your actual use? When you checked you were missing a couple days of calling and then exceeded the minutes because you thought you had plenty of time left?

14. bubbagumpshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope its not the case but i'll find out for sure tomorrow. It's just so bazaar to me because I was able to track my Verizon minutes pretty accurately through the minutes text feature. I've used the same system for ATT.

15. bubbagumpshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, sorry yeah I later realized that wasn't correct after it was to late. I was trying to figure out why people would get that from reading my post:eek:. My first bill was prorated 70 something dollars w/ the start up fees from what the ATT lady told me. What I do know is that my bill is $100 more because of over use of minutes which I honestly cant see happening considering that I have more minutes now than I had with verizon and I never had gone over once with them. will see.

16. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

You should be able to correct the title if you edit your first post in the thread.

Unless they've removed that feature again...

17. squeakyclutch macrumors member

squeakyclutch

If you have an itemized printout of your bill, and you see specific charges that are extraneous, go to the at&t store and have them sort them out.

My first bill was $723. I was charged $680 for the iphone, despite signing the contract and paying $199. I went down to clear it this morning. I was told it has been "credited" to my account, but so far all i have is their word (which is worth *****) and shear hope. :confused:

18. b00st3d macrumors member

b00st3d

when you check your minutes, the total given is from that morning. its not a real time tracker IIRC.

19. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

not true, mine is updated about every hour or so.

20. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Ah! Ok, I get it! :D I tend to agree with the majority of people and assume that AT&T customer service reps are clueless... I would also tend to agree that you wait until you bill comes and look at the details of said bill before trying to get anywhere.

21. bubbagumpshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, so found out today it was a mistake from ATT. I have a bonus 400 minutes (employment) on my account that they "forgot" to include on this billing cycle. The ATT rep I talked to today was very helpful and was able to remove those charges.

Watch your bills people this company seems to make a lot of mistakes.

22. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Welcome to wonderful world of cell service in the US. :)

23. archipellago macrumors 65816

by..you boys can get charged.

I get 10 hours talk time free plus 500 txts a months plus unlimited data for £35.... $65 approx..and never go over!

cell bills in 3 figures are ridiculous.

24. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I'm sorry about all the initial problems. Regarding the surprisingly high bill. It's common knowledge to cushion your first cell phone minutes. Pick at least a plan higher than you need and feel things out before you settle on a plan. Worse case scenario you get a good amount of rollover minutes for future months.