First Iphone Can somebody tell me if the battery is good?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacc Sparrow, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Jacc Sparrow macrumors member

Jacc Sparrow

This is my first Iphone (3gS)..and coming from a G1 wich made love to the charger constantly..I'm wondering if this is good battery life.. took my phone off the charger today @ 700am and at 1pm. im @ 44%..with 3 hours and 29 minutes of usage and 6 hrs 4 mins standby time....I use it for music on the train..made a 3 minute phone call..I played about 20 minutes of a game..and ive been listening music..all day here at work..Im going to power cycle the phone this evening..So can somebody tell me if this is good or bad..Btw the push is set for every 30 min.Screen brigthness is @ 70% im on 3G and location services is turned on

IT is now 4 oclock..and this is what I have..During lunch I did listen to some music..watched one youtube video and played a game for 10 min..and ive been listening to music most of the day.

[​IMG]

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

1. Batteries take several cycles to break in.

2. You need to calibrate your battery once or twice before your meter will be accurate.

3. Jacc Sparrow thread starter macrumors member

Jacc Sparrow

Im def. going to power cycle tonight but coming from a G1 whose life sucked this is actually pretty good. I was just wondering should I be expecting more

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There are a number of threads on this where actual owners are posting actual usage times. I would leverage off of those threads to determine whether this is good or bad. It is subjective in many ways if you opt to ignore the stated specs.

5. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Battery seems alright to me. I get about that.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

its mroe than just a power cycle:

Let the iPhone's battery fully drain. Keep the iPhone off for five hours once drained, then fully charge your battery. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours. You may use your iPhone during this time as long as the iPhone is plugged in.

Bets way to run the battery down is to turn maps gps and compass on and put the phone on something that spins.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

GREAT! I just tried this by putting my iphone 3gs in the microwave and now it's all melted. ;)

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well the battery is dead though! :D

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Amazingly enough - the water sensors did NOT trip.. so at least I can exchange it. I'll just say it overheated...

10. St. Germain macrumors 6502

I know that is the proper way to calibrate a MacBook battery, etc. but is there any actual documentation on the calibrating the iPhone as detailed as requiring five hours drained or two hours fully charged before using, etc.?

11. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Well, that's the common method when you google it, and if you plan it correctly its easy to do (drain it before you go to bed and charge it the next morning at work or whatever). If you can't spare the time then just run it till empty and charge it back up.