First iPhone I Don't Want To Get

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konvictz, May 27, 2016.

1. Konvictz macrumors regular

I have always purchased a new iPhone every time a new shape came out.

However the next iPhone just isn't impressing me going by the rumors.

Every report has said it is the same overall design which means same thick bezels and flat looking (non oled) screen.

I'm trying to justify the purchase although most likely I will purchase it when the time comes I feel negative right now.

It just seems like the next iPhone will be the same as the current phones (I use the plus model) with a better camera, thinner and no headphone socket.

Can anyone convince me that I'm wrong and it is a substantial update or is it basically a place holder till the real next generation iPhone with oled display and glass design comes out?

2. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

You want someone to convince you based on the rumors and speculation that you've heard? You don't want to wait until it's introduced to be convinced one way or another?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I felt similar when the iPhone 4 came out.

Short and thick. Then people started putting them in fugly neon bumpers. Reall didn't want one then. Then came the 4s, which was annoying because it was the same thing but only better internally.

So I waited for the iPhone 5 and was happy.

I would have stayed on my iPhone 5 too except for circumstances. That fugly camera bump and antenna lines on the 6 series annoys me.

We usually use our phones for 2.5 to 3.5 years, depending, so if this year's model is a repeat of the 6 series fugliness I'll just be staying on my 6s+. We've got another year to go on our lease anyway so no big deal to us.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You mean the one that no one has seen and isn't due out until September/October?

Yeah, no.

5. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

If it doesn't impress, then don't get it. Is that a hard thing to grasp?

But why don't we wait and see what unfolds come September?

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Umm, its just a phone
    If your current one works for you and you like it, stick with it
    If you like the newer one better and can afford it, go for it
    Did I mention it is just a phone?

7. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Why do we need to convince you anyway? If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I don't like broccoli but I don't need people to convince me to eat it.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Well then enjoy the extra money you will have since you didn't buy a new phone to replace one that works perfectly fine.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

[​IMG]

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Ummm how can you dislike an item when it hasn't even been officially announced yet?

11. ajcgn macrumors regular

ajcgn

But it's good for you.

12. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I said I don't need you to convince me to eat it, gosh! :oops:

13. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This is the iPhone were talking about ...

It's way more then just a phone...

Just watch launch videos or look at pictures lol

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's a phone, it runs apps and browses the internet in addition to making calls, but at the end of the day it isn't much different from any other modern cell phone.

15. mjschabow macrumors 65816

16. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

It will be magic beyond comparison. More beautiful than the most lovely woman you can imagine. More useful and innovative than the wheel itself. You will be unable to live without it.

Of course you want to buy it. You'll stand in line for 3 days to get it before anyone else.

17. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Anywhere that previous iPhones have been sold, eg Apple Store, Best Buy, Carrier stores.

It's not out until September anyways
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2016 ---
    I'm still on the fence, but after switching back to my iPhone 6 after 2 months with the Nexus 6, I really am starting to get excited for the 7. I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing it at this point, but the headphone jack issue is still a concern.

18. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

iPhones started going south after the 5th generation. Would love a recreation of the new iPhone using the iPhone 2G's design though.

iPhone 6 was just a complete mess,in my opinion. iPhone 6S fixed a lot of issues, added new features. I did get a iPhone 6S because of this and because I had been using a iPhone 5 all this time and felt an upgrade was needed.

iPhone 7, from the rumors, doesn't look too impressive. And I think the "rumors" are just a way to get your attention. Like parts that are leaked for example, maybe Apple does this purposely?

And for the glass design, I feel like Apple isn't gonna recreate it well with the 4.7in/5.5in design. I think the thickness of the iPhone 4 contributed to the overall design of it. Apple wants thinness for everything now.

19. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

Well thanks to leaks (and apple actually realizing its very good for business) we have a very accurate idea what the next iPhone will look like.

I want convincing because I normally buy iPhone after each redesign.

However I feel this has got to be the least innovative redesign.

Samsung has had oled screens for years now and believe me they look amazing in real life with bright colors and true blacks.

I probably will see how thin it is and end up getting it. Its not cheap as I go for the plus 128gb. It just feels like Im not getting as much for my money as I usually get.

20. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Not really. Just because you read a rumor on the interwebz doesn't mean it's accurate.

Since you're so trusting, I have a bridge I can sell you.

21. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Oh no I agree 100%...

But to the world it's an iPhone much different then these other phones out there...

22. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

Not wanting to buy a new phone every year is not a really a problem that needs solving. If you're not compelled to buy the latest phone, then don't. Keep using your current phone, save a bunch of money, and discover that the world doesn't stop spinning because you don't have the latest iPhone.

23. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Well said... Right now Apple has a phone for everyone.

The iPhone 6s Plus
    The iPhone 6s
    The iPhone se... If you want to get a new phone now and keep it 2-3 years then do it.

There's been times I had not wanted to upgrade to the new iPhone... For some reason I always have, but there needs to be a point where people say not
    This time...

It's really is just a phone

24. Kerry78 macrumors member

Kerry78

Each to there own I actually think the 4/4S are one of the best designs developed by Apple and it's a shame they didn't continue with that same design up to a 4.7 screen and made it thinner, I love my 7 but quality wise the 4S / 4 just blows it away

lol I'm after a bumper for my 4S but having trouble locating one that fits it and not a darn 4!

25. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Wow, old thread!

Anyway, not now and never have been (still) a 4/4s fan. Since I made that post though, my son has come to own a 4s. But it isn't my phone.

Just don't care for the design. Don't care for the 6 series design either. Had we gotten a larger phone in the 5/5s form factor I'd have been happy. But that's not where Apple went.

As to bumpers…they are akin to cases for me and I don't do cases. My son on the other hand has his 4s in a case donated to him by a friend. But again, not my phone so he can do as he likes along those lines.