First iPhone - sim question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thekills, Jun 11, 2009.

1. thekills macrumors member

I preordered my phone from AT&T (new customer); will I receive the phone with a SIM card & new number, or do I need to pick up the card separately at the store?

2. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

The phone will have a SIM card in it when you receive it and, don't quote me on this, but I think when you connect it to iTunes for the first time to activate it you will go through the process of setting up your AT&T account (if you're a new customer) which includes selecting a plan and getting your number (or porting an existing number). I believe that's how it was with the first iPhones as well. Can anyone else verify this?

3. thekills thread starter macrumors member

Sounds reasonable. However, I'm surprised the SIM card already comes in the phone, rather than in a little box/package like it did for my ancient brick phone.

Thanks for relieving my fear of having to go to the AT&T store.

4. Switz213 macrumors 6502

I'm sure this is the same thing, but my iPhone was stolen about a week ago so I am getting a 3G S⃣ . They can just put my number in directly, right? I won't need to pay extra for a new sim card or anything?

Just making sure. Can never be too careful.

Thanks,
    Switz

5. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

All iPhones have always came with a SIM card in them as far as I'm aware of.