First Iphone - Where to Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevehookway, Jun 29, 2009.

1. stevehookway macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, I'm new to the world of iPhone and At&T. My contract with Verizon is up in August and I am counting down the days until my new iPhone. My question is - should I head to the nearest Apple store or the nearest AT&T store? Seems like if I were just interested in the device I would prefer to get it from the Apple store - but the AT&T store might better be suited to start my new service and cancel my old? Should I just head to whichever is closer?

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I get all my phones from best buy. First because the are local second because I have always received very good service. Best buy offers an insurance policy on the iPhone about 15 a month. Friends and I both have it and though the 3 to 5 day turn around seems like forever, the never question the claim. The last one was dust under the glass. The apple genius didn't find it distracting enough to warrant a replacement. Then again he wasn't using it on a regulR basis. Best buy, three days and done. Another time I dropped it bb fixed it. But AT&T stores apple or best buy. It comes down to preference

3. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

It doesn't really make a difference where you buy. Your warranty and such will still be the same.

However, if you have a complicated family plan, you'd probably want to go to AT&T. Likewise, if you have more questions about the phone than the service, then going to Apple might be better for you.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden