Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevehookway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hi Guys, I'm new to the world of iPhone and At&T. My contract with Verizon is up in August and I am counting down the days until my new iPhone. My question is - should I head to the nearest Apple store or the nearest AT&T store? Seems like if I were just interested in the device I would prefer to get it from the Apple store - but the AT&T store might better be suited to start my new service and cancel my old? Should I just head to whichever is closer?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I get all my phones from best buy. First because the are local second because I have always received very good service. Best buy offers an insurance policy on the iPhone about 15 a month. Friends and I both have it and though the 3 to 5 day turn around seems like forever, the never question the claim. The last one was dust under the glass. The apple genius didn't find it distracting enough to warrant a replacement. Then again he wasn't using it on a regulR basis. Best buy, three days and done. Another time I dropped it bb fixed it. But AT&T stores apple or best buy. It comes down to preference

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
It doesn't really make a difference where you buy. Your warranty and such will still be the same.

However, if you have a complicated family plan, you'd probably want to go to AT&T. Likewise, if you have more questions about the phone than the service, then going to Apple might be better for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.