First iPhone X reviews?

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
When could we expect, the first iPhone X reviews, to come online? Before pre-orders day? After November the 3rd?

What history tells us?

Reactions: DUIduckSAUCE

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Isn't it usually the Tuesday or Wednesday before release day when the review embargo is lifted?

Disclaimer: This reply is intended as a serious reply. Thank you.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
When could we expect, the first iPhone X reviews, to come online? Before pre-orders day? After November the 3rd?

What history tells us?
Critic or tech reviewers will likely have reviews posted within the first week after pre-orders when they have hands on with the devices. User reviews obviously will debut on November 3 or shortly after. I personally look forward to user reviews.

Reactions: cakebytheocean

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010

What history tells us?

Excellent click bait headline...

Could have been... When to expect first iPhone X reviews.

But then you already know that.

IGotOne

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Lets say they review it and it's an unabashed disaster....

Would you not pre-order it (knowing full well you have 14 days to decide for yourself), given that it might be literally well into 2018 for you to get one if you don't?

The reviews of the X really don't matter, but here's my prediction: A beautiful device marred by a questionable security feature (Face ID), a questionable design decision (the notch), and a price that makes reviewers question it's comparable value.

What else is there to discuss? Will it be fast? Will it have a nice camera? Will the battery life be 8 hours or 9???

What would stop you from pre-ordering one?

Reactions: eVolcre

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Excellent click bait headline...

Could have been... When to expect first iPhone X reviews.

But then you already know that.
Disagree completely. How is this thread title considered Clickbait? It ended with a "?", Not with exclamation points or all caps locked. I Genuinely believe the OP wanted to know when the first reviews are available. This was not click bait at all.

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
Lets say they review it and it's an unabashed disaster....

Would you not pre-order it (knowing full well you have 14 days to decide for yourself), given that it might be literally well into 2018 for you to get one if you don't?

The reviews of the X really don't matter, but here's my prediction: A beautiful device marred by a questionable security feature (Face ID), a questionable design decision (the notch), and a price that makes reviewers question it's comparable value.

What else is there to discuss? Will it be fast? Will it have a nice camera? Will the battery life be 8 hours or 9???

What would stop you from pre-ordering one?
If the swipe home button replacement gestures are flaky.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Disagree completely. How is this thread title considered Clickbait? It ended with a "?", Not with exclamation points or all caps locked. I Genuinely believe the OP wanted to know when the first reviews are available. This was not click bait at all.
It didn't end with a "?" originally. It only got added there later (based off a request).

Reactions: DUIduckSAUCE

ssrij

Suspended
Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
I am sure reviewers have already received their units by today, we'll most likely see reviews coming out from Monday Oct 30th or Tuesday October 31st.

IGotOne

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
If the swipe home button replacement gestures are flaky.
You couldn't decide in 14 days if the Home swipe feature was acceptable? And if a reviewer posted today that it was an absolute poop show swiping up, you wouldn't pre-order?

People waiting for reviews to order better rethink that position. If they don't jump, it's going to be a loooooong wait after 12:01AM on the 27th.

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
Most of the reviews are in process with updates being added for iOS 11.1
Some will hate it Some will love it like every year.

Boobs will blend bend scratch drop and whine about the cost of doing it
There will be small sample .001% defects for forums to make hay

Folks loved the pixel xl2 and then bitched about bending screen buttons coating camera etc. But hey it’s the highest rated phone ?

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Just watch an iphone 8 review. 99% if them start out with cringe worthy gags about how they’re not the iPhone X and to wait.

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
probably around the same time you put a question mark at the end of your thread title so it doesn’t make people think there *are* IPhone X reviews already available :(
OP made a careless mistake. We all do it. Most of us reading understand what the topic is all about.

Only ones I care about is Michael Fisher's review, SuperSaf's and Krystal Key's photo comparisons, PhoneBuff's speed tests, and when Zack of JerryRigEverything tests the X's durability.

Last edited by a moderator: