First iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by terandall, Nov 6, 2012.

1. terandall macrumors newbie

I have ordered an iphone 5 and this will be the first iphone I've had. There are a lot of cases out there, and most of them don't offer full protection. I'm worried about dropping the phone with only a bumper type case on it and breaking the screen. How likely is that? Should I just go ahead and get a full protection case?

2. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Getting a full protection case really depends on how clumsy you are. I switch mine out all the time depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing. Right now I have the OtterBox on mine. I don't care for otter boxes actual screen protector so I punched it out and I have the power support antiglare screen protector on my phone.

3. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

It really depends on how you use your phone and the environment around you.

About 80% -90% of the time I use no case at all. Not much is going to happen to my phone sitting on my desk in my office. If I am going hiking or geocaching, I use an otterbox to protect it somewhat against drops, water splashes, setting it down on rough ground/ rocks, etc. I also have a couple slim cases and a pouch that I use from time to time.

My wife on the other hand, needs a slim type case on her phone 100% of the time because she tosses her iPhone into her purse with keys and whatever else is in there. She replaces them pretty often, but for the most part her iPhones have always stayed in pretty good shape.

If you work or play in an environment that may be harmful to you iPhone, I'd go with a full protection type case to start with. You can always use a smaller/ thinner case of you find you don't need as much protection.

4. terandall thread starter macrumors newbie

5. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio