First iPod Touch..some weird stuff is happening!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by petrucci666, Mar 15, 2010.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

I just got my 32 GB iPod Touch and I have a few questions about what has been going on with it.

I'm having troube with music. Some artists that start with an "L" appear under the "M" menu and similarly throughout the alphabet. What's up with this?

Also, some songs won't let me lower the volume but others let me control the volume as usual. For example, I'm listening to some song and when I want to lower the volume, it either won't let me drag the volume down at all or it just jumps back up after I had lowered it. Is this a software glitch or can I change this somewhere?

Thanks for your help!

2. H$R macrumors 6502

H$R

The thing with the volume jumping back seems to be an software error..it has happened on my iPhone 4 times so far. Though rebooting normally helps (Pressing the home button and hold button together for a few seconds until the apple logo appears). The first three times, it occurred after I used the same game (which I have deleted since then) and closed it (I was sure that it was related with the problem) but the fourth time it happened just while I was listening to music.

Though, I've never seen the alphabet problem. Can't help with that

3. metalhead777 macrumors regular

It rarely occurs for the volume to jump back up to its original state. Rebooting does help, but that should be a last resort. I've seen the alphabet problem, but I just re-synced my iPod with iTunes and everything was working back in order. :) Glad I could be of help. :D :apple: