First iPod Touch Sync--Music Plays Automatically?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macbookairman, Oct 22, 2008.

1. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I have meant to post this for a while now, but didn't for some reason.

Why I first synced my new iPod Touch 2G, i noticed something odd. The minute I plugged it into my computer for the first time, it started playing a song out of its built in speaker. The song was about dancing to music in the street.

I'm wondering if this has been happening with all the new iPods. It was kinda cool, but unexpected.

2. Impulses macrumors newbie

Hmm, mine never did that after or before a sync... Though it did start playing music out of it's speaker spontaneously a handful of times after I'd disconnected it from my car's Aux In (using a regular 3.5mm patch cable). I've no clue why, in every case I could've swore I had paused music and gone back to the home screen then sent it to sleep.

Hasn't done it since then either, might've been doing it only when I disconnected while I still had my head unit/radio on, dunno why it would but still (admittedly I should avoid doing that anyway as sometimes it causes feedback). Or I might have simply forgotten to pause it, who knows.

3. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

the thing was, the song it played was one I had never heard, and I hadn't even loaded music onto it yet.

4. Impulses macrumors newbie

It's a haunted touch! :eek:

Or maybe someone was playing with it at the factory like that iPhone that showed up at someone's doorstep with the picture of a factory worker that had taken it and photographed another one. :p