Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YonTom

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2019
Can't wait... Black Pro 14"... 1TB

* Side note I had a 13" MBA that I tried to trade in earlier this year on a 15 MBA.. Apple rejected it "dented" which is complete BS, it was NOT dented and I had pics when I packed it. Anyhow.. took it to the Apple Store over the weekend and collected $790.. not bad. Moral: Return to store, never ship trade ins
Totally. I once shipped a Mac mini for trade-in and I didn’t have any problems, but back then they wouldn’t accept Mac’s for trade-ins at stores so it’s not like I had a choice. I was so worried that they could reject it… definitely trade in at the store now that you can.

Reactions: iGeneo

Fidgetyrat

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
I'm waiting on a 14" Silver Pro.. I rarely trust apple with the first time they release something so I need to see the black color hold up over years before i'd consider it, especially after the butterfly keyboard fiasco.

Plus, I got so used to silver. This is coming from a 2015 MBP though so it's a clear upgrade even with the slightly gimped Pro.

Sowelu

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
New York City
I never do Mac trade-ins through the mail. I always bring them to an Apple Store and they always give 100% of the quoted value in gift cards, then I make my new purchase. Absolutely avoid the 3rd party company that Apple uses (which is the default via mail), and bring your trade-ins right into an Apple Store (if you live relatively close to one, of course).

Bcn

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2021
I'm wondering its worth going to the Apple store to go check these out? Its really just the space black thats externally different. I don't think there really is much I can expect going to the Apple store to test whats different other than opening About Mac and seeing M3.
I am going!

Reactions: Mr. Dee

DavidSchaub

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2016
Gfxbench is outdated. We should use AAA games, Cinebench 2024 GPU test or Blender for GPU benches
The Cinebench 2024 numbers for the M3 Max I have seen have been pretty stunning (likely in the ballpark of a desktop 4060 ti). Almost so good that I'm not sure how representative it will be.

m3-max-mbp-chart.png

The M3 Ultra is going to be sweet, and really really expensive.

Reactions: MediaFotografie

Telekinetic

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2023
My new MBP is estimated to be ready for pick up on November 17th. At least gives me time to be certain I chose the right model and I live near an Apple Store so I will go try them out in person this week.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
I'm wondering its worth going to the Apple store to go check these out? Its really just the space black thats externally different. I don't think there really is much I can expect going to the Apple store to test whats different other than opening About Mac and seeing M3.
You can always check to see if Safari is any snappier

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Dee

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
M3 base supposed to arrive tomorrow for me. Upgrading from a 2016 Pro, so should be quite an improvement. An M2 Air would have been more than enough, but once you bump up the storage to 512, the base Pro wasn't much more so I thought why not!?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I recently bought the 16 inch M2 Max/32GB/1TB, but I decided to not exchange it. Not enough new stuff to justify it. I don't even use the full power of the M2. Though that black does look sharp.

Reactions: kp98077

Telekinetic

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2023
M3 base supposed to arrive tomorrow for me. Upgrading from a 2016 Pro, so should be quite an improvement. An M2 Air would have been more than enough, but once you bump up the storage to 512, the base Pro wasn't much more so I thought why not!?
8GB RAM is so little that an M2 Air upgraded to 16GB might be a better machine than the base M3 and still cost less. But that will all depend on what you use it for.

Apple_Gabe

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2022
I had the 16" MBP M1 Max a few years ago. That was some amazing machine, really impressive in almost every category. But I thought it was way too much power for me at the time and decided to downsize to a 14" MBP M1 Pro. Right now, I'm at a point where I not only miss the bigger screen real estate of the 16" but also the sorcery that is the M-Max series Chip. I'll be getting the 16" MBP M3 Max in Space Black obviously, sometime around New Year, I can't wait.

Reactions: matrix07

eno12

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2005
My M3 Max's shipping date jumped from Nov 21 to this Friday. I thought the Max chips were going to come out end of November. Either way, this is fantastic news for me.
My 14" 16/40 shipped yesterday and it's awaiting a plane in Shanghai. I expect it will be on the flight 5X81 leaving 9pm tomorrow. If you sign up for UPS MyChoice you can see tracking before Apple sends it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.