First Mac Arrived - What do I do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Melodeath, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

I'm currently using my new 15" i7 MBP that just arrived today. It's my first mac so I'm getting used to everything. I'm just wondering what are the things to do when you get a new mac?

-I haven't had a mac before so I have no time machine backups to migrate
    -I've already downloaded and figured out how to install Google Chrome
    -How do I check for dead pixels?
    -I've changed my trackpad to accept tapping as a click, but how do I highlight text without having to click in the trackpad?
    -I'm already in the process of calibrating the battery (leaving it plugged in at 100%charged for a few hours before switching to battery)

Anything else I should check/do? I used System Profiler (I think) to verify my HD is 7200RPM and that I got the i7 model. I also checked the resolution and it is indeed 1680X1050 hi-res. Love the glossy by the way!

Thanks

2. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Start bitchin on here about how long it is taking Apple to release the new 15" MBP :D
    Welcome, just enjoy using you new machine and not having to worry about any maintenance. That comp must be lightning quick. What do you intend using it for?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. other threads about this

4. double tap (maybe it has to be enabled) and drag

Use it. Or you can do the Apple Hardware Test. Or you can use it. If an error exists it will present itself in a timely fashion anyway.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

4. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

spinnerlys infinitely more useful than I. I kneel b4u.

5. Melodeath thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol :D

I record, mix, and produce very large and CPU-intensive audio and music projects. Other than that, everyday internet use. This machine is indeed very quick so far in my one hour use with it haha

Thank you. I will check this out

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks. But not infinitely. Maybe definitely, but not infinitely. :p

Greetings to Abbey Woods.