First mac experience on new aluminium macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Buskape, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Hey guys!

I know there isn't much people talking about their stuff when it works fine, so i decided to do it,

Just got my first Mac last week, i have always been a windows user, except at school some time ago where we had mac os 8 and 9 on the oldschool coloured iMac's..

So i ordered a MacBook Aluminium 2.4ghz, backlit keyboard, slighty faster processor are worth the 300$ more for me.

This laptop impressed me with its build quality, and design, just flawless, everything is perfect, i have seen some laptops with the screen moving around when you move it around or the table shakes a bit.. this MacBook is just perfectly made, its sturdy and feels very comfortable.

I was impressed by the fact that i could run Left 4 Dead and GTA IV using Windows Vista, but i installed vista just for gaming..
    I just can't get off Mac Os, rebooting to play games on Vista is a big hassle to me, i just don't want to leave Mac Os specially that the battery runs longer under Mac Os then on vista (3h45 vs 2h00 on vista when web browsing checking e-mails and stuff..)
    Moving the laptop around doesn't make any plastic weird noises or some other mechanic noises, which is a big plus for me, a laptop has to be solid for me, it just feels so good you don't want anything else.

I have never used Mac Os X Leopard at first, and this machine introduced me to this operating system very well, i am absolutely amazed, how everything is just smooth and reactive, and the design of Leopard's interface is just so comfortable to the eye!

The system is very ergonomic, everything is just easy to access and blazingly fast.

Still am discovering Mac Os Leopard and still enjoying it at 200%, i am just completely satisfied with this product.

I give apple my 2 thumbs up for this product, i just can't separate myself from it now...

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I know EXACTLY the feeling :D Same experience for me, fresh convert and I am BLOWN away by the laptop and the OS.
    Enjoy your new 'toy' :rolleyes:

3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Congrats!! I have the same one and I love it!!

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

This is gonna turn into a thread where all the 2.4 Aluminum MacBook owners come in and praise. :D

Not complaining lol. I love mine too. Convert as of Oct. 21, 2008 :cool:

Best part for me, is how well OS X can handle RAM and CPU usage. My old PC would struggle running skype, itunes, and firefox at the same time. Not even close to choking on the macbook, AND I have Handbrake going right now backing up my Transformers DVD that I just found in a box from our move lol

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

As well they should!!:D
    It seems like all the threads these days are just BASHING away at the MB, but I for one absolutely LOVE mine. It does EVERYTHING that I need AND more, and it's a huge step up form my only 1 year old Toshiba laptop.

6. bluesTank macrumors regular

I like it as well... except when you run into a wall with something and think to yourself..."wait, why did Apple do that?"

For example "why doesn't apple have cut and paste for files?" "Why don't they let me modify the multitouch gestures?" "Why is time machine so un-modifiable?" etc...

7. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Well, I'm definitely no expert, but I'll have a shot at some of these questions.
    1. I think they don't have the cut and paste because you can just drag them to whatever location you want, with all the "spring-loaded" folders and such.
    2. Well, it would be nice to have this built into Leopard, but I do like the fact that we can still create the program to be able to do that, MultiClutch. Works wonders, except for some of Apple's own apps.
    3. I haven't started using TM yet, but maybe it's because it already is smart enough to figure out what to backup or whatever? I'm not too sure. At least you can determine which folders/files to back up and which not to.

That pretty much was a half answer lol. Anyone else please elaborate on what I said.

8. tony-0709 macrumors member

Gta Iv

Hi I have GTA IV as well on my macbook 2.4ghz aluminium. I have 4gb ram with mine, however the graphic details for GTA are really low...are yours the same? Just checking thanks