Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
whats the mag safe and the other cord? which one is used for charging? anything else i need to do when its finally set up?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
If you mean the other plug adapter – the one with the long cable, rather than the plug that just slots straight into the power brick – then all that does is give you a bit of extra length on your power cable. It makes no difference to charging or usage which one you elect to use.

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2007
The mag safe is the one you use for charging your laptop.

Looks like this:
magsafe_big.jpg

As for setting up, just turn it on, answer the questions (IE. What language, register, and so on.) and then enjoy! Just know iTunes, and iPhoto both start up with a couple questions about setting up. Nothing crazy. It's very simple!

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Congratulations on your first Mac! You're going to love it. The transition is pretty easy, but when you run into questions, keep em' coming and we'll be glad to help you out.

Bryan

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
how do i remove things off the desktop under the HDD? i want it all clear except for that but i dont want to delete the program, which i already did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.