First Mac, i7 1.8 MBA - Stuck pixel on LG screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by blumpkin, Jul 28, 2011.

1. blumpkin macrumors regular

This is my first Mac (customized & purchased online) and so far I love everything about this thing. Only one problem - on the bottom right of the display, there is ONE stuck pixel that isn't terribly noticeable (only over lighter colors, almost nonexistent on darker ones). However, I know it's there. And me knowing me, it is probably going to bug me. Especially given that I paid for a premium laptop.

I don't care if it's an LG or Samsung display. I'm sure they're both great and have equal probability of having messed up pixels. But I would like to keep my Samsung SSD (whether or not there are any *perceived* differences is irrelevant to this thread, please don't derail it). What would you do in my position? Deal with it? Order another online and hope for the Samsung SSD (and no stuck pixels) while returning this one? Have the store get an i7 1.8 so I could take a look at it before I swap (legally, they have to let you examine what you're buying before you commit)? Is it even possible to get an i7 1.8 in the store? Any other suggestions?

I might give them a call tomorrow. Just wanted to hear some thoughts.

2. Oli3000 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Send it back. Straight away. You can send it back as many times as you like until you get samsung/samsung if you like, too.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Since you are in the 14 days, I'd take it back and exchange it. You'll always notice it, and after the 14 days Apple won't replace the screen unless there are 4 stuck pixels. From my experience, none of the software "fixes" work (at least not for very long). If you are near a store, try it. They have some custom configurations in stock and might be willing to swap it.

Good luck with your replacement.