First Mac Pro, first Mac and HW issues.. solved

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by spikejp, Sep 26, 2010.

1. spikejp macrumors newbie

OK, so I bit the bullet and switched from that awful Windows to Snow Leopard on the new 2010 Mac Pro (12 core:D).
    My initial purchase was the basic 12 core model with 8GB Ram, once it arrived I quickly went out to my local Mac parts supplier and purchased two 2TB Barricuda HDD's and 1 256GB SSD and the new Pioneer BluRay Burner (BD-206) with Toast10.
    That is when my issues started.
    The SSD would not be recognized and when it was it would not Earse.... I went down the whole road of installing Windows through Bootcamp to see if it was a MacOSX problem, it wasn't. After many methods of trying to get it working and failing I gave one last effort, I moved it from Bay4 to Bay1 and hey presto it worked....
    Then I focused my attention on the BluRay Burner.... and thought why not reverse the bays and again worked like a charm.

So for any of you out there who are new to the Mac environment, like I am, and are having problems with HDD's or Optical Drives, first try moving them to the first bay before spending time and money on other possible resolutions.

Spike:D

2. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

Congrats on the new MP and condolences on having to install Windows on it. :p

Thanks for the heads-up on your solution.

JohnG