First MacBook Air 2011 i7 with problems...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Bonilla, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Bonilla macrumors member

Bonilla

Hello i just bought months exactly august 10 on Apple Store Northstar 13" i7 and I complete love it. But the week ago I got my room hot because it was cold day I was charging the laptop connected the iPhone 4s with USB and other hard drive USB but charged with AC adapter and the Fan was at Maximus and very noise.

Well suddenly turn off the laptop an I smell like something got burned inside.
    Last Friday I took it to the apple store and the appleguy told me the first bunch of air 2011 got problems with the motherboard with some chips on it and his MacBook air got the same problem. He checked mine at genius bar and told me that was the mother board lucky i still have warranty so no problem.

But guys like me whom has one be aware of that problem and try to to the same and get try the same steps or maybe the weather in a room very hot like 30 Celsius grades.
    I hope to help somebody with this thread.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

Do you know if this is just the MBA's with i7?

3. Bonilla thread starter macrumors member

Bonilla

Right Now I don't know but I just called to the apple store and told me that tomorrow at 5pm will be ready to pick up, and then I will ask them if there is a problem only with the i7 or also i5.

I think asking if there is and acknowledge of that problem, why apple didn't called to check all the MacBook air with special serial number and change the motherboard.

4. Bonilla thread starter macrumors member

Bonilla

I went back today to pick up my laptop and they told me that it was the motherboard and they change it.

Ask about if it is an issue known and other guy told me that he is not sure.
    But if my air failed again and just bring it to them and they will fix it.
    I don´t lose any data.

So right now i am doing a test again, making a copy on a portable hard drive i bought, ministatation from buffalo by the way really good one and charging mi iphone. The weather here it is like 24 grades celsius.

The fan i just here one time since 2 hours ago.

I hope not to have the same issue again.

5. Buck987 macrumors 6502a