First Macbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iSheep5S, Jun 4, 2013.

1. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

I am looking to get my first Macbook. I love my iPhone and iPad now i'd like a Mac. I would like to start off cheap if possible before i take the plunge and buy new, sort of get the feel of it. So i wondered this.

Which Macbook would you recommend that would be older, cheapish but reliable and still worth buying. I'm looking for one with OS X Lion, this is a must. The rest i can handle. Be it slower etc.

Any help would be grately appreciated. :)

2. simsaladimbamba

What is your budget? Do you need any kind of special computational requirements? Can it be a white MacBook from 2008 or 2010 or a MacBook Pro from 2009 or newer or can it be a MacBook Air from 2007 and onwards? Do you want upgradeability?

3. dsoekov macrumors newbie

IMHO you should get the fastest processor within your budget.. You can always upgrade your RAM and even hard drive later if you want and have more money. :)

Dan

4. iSheep5S thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Budget to start with is £300 ish. I am looking to get the Macbook air 11" when/if i decide to continue. Mainly it would be used for browsing. The most demanding game would just be Warcraft but i ony pay that a couple of times a year. A low demand browser game too. Thats about it. I would not upgrade anything i buy. I would just buy, use, see how i like it then move it on.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Surprised at the high guest traffic on this site. :)

5. HappyFinderMac macrumors newbie

Around 300? Personally, my first Macbook was the Late 2008 model which seemed to work perfectly with browsing and some flash games (still does!). I'm not sure how well it would run WoW, but I know browsing will still be very quick and they're about the price of a Windows notebook on Amazon if you're okay with a used one.

6. MacAndrew07 macrumors member

This will be my first Mac laptop, I have a Mac Mini Late 2006 and its time to retire since it can barely handle the stuff that I throw at it, (Photoshop and Final Cut) and since my budget atm is low.... MacBook white it is

7. iSheep5S thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Thanks, I doubt i would play wow on it. I still have my laptop which is just a year old. I guess i want to try the OS and if i like? Who knows. :)