First new Mac Laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ColdAsIce, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ColdAsIce macrumors newbie

Dear all,

It was my birthday just 3 days ago and for University i require a new laptop...

Now ive already saved up £1500 for a laptop, i currently own a 8 year old Dell Dimension 4400 PC (Bet you guys think what a retard, but it has done me justice and done what i needed to do).

Now i hear new Macs will be released next week, i wanted to know is it likely is it just going to be a cosmetically change and nothing changed in terms of specifications?

Is blue-ray worth it at the moment... im just curious thats all i aint got no HD TV so its pointless.

Is it likely the macbooks may incorporate nvidia chips or is that just a false rumour which people are getting too excited about.

Im looking to do Video- editing and photoshopping so stuck on laptop choice.

I just dont like Vista thats the problem.... I prefer XP and may purchase it and use with VMware or Parallels.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone,

Thanks,

ColdAsIce

2. ManWithhat macrumors regular

Specifications will definitely change for the better. How much better and exactly which specifications are changing are open to debate. For sure the graphics cards and processor will be improved, though.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If they're both getting thinner, graphics will not be better.