iPad First night with the iPad 4 - couldn't ever ask for a better iPad!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MusicEnthusiast, Nov 3, 2012.

1. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Hey all.

My 32 Gig 4th gen iPad came to my cozy apartment this afternoon at around 1:30 PDT. I was so excited, I preloaded 8 GB of my favorite songs and movies, and about 50 apps, leaving me with about 6.5 GB left of space. I am already having a great time customizing my main page, even tried Siri in Japanese, which was pretty freakin cool.

The Retina display is gorgeous. I am in love with how great things look. I feel like I made a great choice buying the 4th gen as my first iPad.

I do hope some apps will be made for the iPad's native screen size/resolution, such as Facebook Messenger, Street Fighter IV, Bank of America Mobile, and a few others I use on a regular basis. Zooming in 2x isn't the worst thing in the world - it gets the job done.

Just thought I'd share some happy experiences on the forums, since I've been really active here for the past 2 weeks and have seen little positive and a ton of negative around here :\ Anyways, hope you all enjoy a nice weekend with your new iPads if you got them today! Off to play some Family Feud and surprise my friends who are probably wondering how I am able to play against them (I own an Android phone, so I haven't been able to play).

2. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Enjoy! iPads are great machines! But confused by the underlined bolded part.

I've had an ipad from the very first day the ipad 1 was released. You've waited 2 and a half years to enjoy what have been exceptional machines. Why is that the right choice?

3. MusicEnthusiast thread starter macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Good question you bring up.

I am a 4th yr undergrad and have owned a really cheap PC notebook to use for classes. Only until 3 months ago it started to become extremely sluggish. Overheating became a common problem, and the battery only holds probably half a charge anymore. I researched in the tablet market for a while, and followed up on the iPad 3rd gen. I was about to buy one myself since it seemed like a great product to me, but that was around the time iPad Mini rumors became widespread. Since I knew that I was looking for a larger tablet, I wasn't interested in the Mini, but kept a little hope for a refreshed iPad 3 with a lightning connector, and didn't expect much else. When the CPU got updated I knew I waited for the right amount of time!