Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Jul 4, 2015
Paris
antonis was asking a simple math question, "how is 1.37 larger than 26.8" - your answer is in the same ballpark as "2 + 3 = bacon".

I'll note that the quoted graph shows Win 8 as 1.37% and Win 8.1 as 6.4%, so one could say Win 8 (in general) has 7.77%, but the math is still working against ArtOfWarfare's claim that the chart shows Win 8 being more common that Win 10. I suspect he meant Win 7, not Win 8, which would jibe with the chart, but then everyone's condemnations of Win 8 would be less relevant.

In other news, last night I helped my artist/retired-art-teacher father-in-law get his legitimately purchased copy of Adobe CS6 running on Sierra (it needed Java). He's not adverse to cloud things and has not pirated anything, he just doesn't feel a great need to upgrade.

Cool. Thanks for the sausage and eggs.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Hmmm... I may have misread the chart, or maybe the chart has changed in the past few hours. I could have sworn 7's slice was a bit larger, 8 was at around 10%, and 10 was at around 8%.

One issue with your number is you didn't include Windows 8.1 with Windows 8, which the chart currently shows as having 6% and change... so combined they're around 8%.

Seems like XP was also a lot higher when I looked at the chart yesterday, too... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, to be fair though, W8.1 was a big improvement to the W8 chaos. They did fix a big percent of the user's chaotic experience.

antonis was asking a simple math question, "how is 1.37 larger than 26.8" - your answer is in the same ballpark as "2 + 3 = bacon".

Yes, that was exactly my point. W10 seems to be far ahead from W8 even if you add 8.1, which also makes sense since there's no real reason for anyone to keep using W8 / W8.1 after W10 launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.